Windows 10: I try to open a program

Discus and support I try to open a program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this flags up 'the data area passed to a system call is too small'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by momay, Nov 27, 2018.

1. momay Win User

I try to open a program

this flags up 'the data area passed to a system call is too small'

:)

momay, Nov 27, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 27, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 27, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

I try to open a program

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I try to open a program :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

I try to open a program

1. I try to open a program - Similar Threads - try open program

2. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f
  3. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f
  4. computer keeps freezing as soon as I try to open any programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps freezing as soon as I try to open any programs: Hi all,I was updating my AMD drivers using the AMD Adrenalin download from their website. All was going well for the uninstalling of the current drivers I chose the factory reset option, until the screen just fuzzed out. I know that the screen would sometimes flicker on and...
  5. Programs open when I try to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open when I try to shut down: Every time I try to shut down my PC, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word open up; and system settings. Why? I have a feeling it might be something to do with my new keyboard because it only started happening when I got it. Also, my mouse sensitivity is stupidly high on...
  6. programs get deleted after i try to open them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programs get deleted after i try to open them: Hi, I installed a program and every time i try to open it it doesnt work. When i open it as an administrator sometimes it opens for 1 sec and instantly closes. After a little bit of time it gets deleted. Hope someone can help me....
  7. Weird Program Trying to Open [PREVIEW]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Program Trying to Open [PREVIEW]: [SERIOUS REPLYS ONLY, THIS IS REAL, NO MEMES] Everyday at around 5:01 AM, a Windows popup asks how I want to open this program (Just like the 'open with' command), this has been happening for a while and I never opened it because I didn't know what it was. I don't think it...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar is freezing and any program that I try to open it opens forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taskbar is freezing and any program that I try to open it opens forever: It suddenly started to become slow. I tried to update windows, but it says it's up to date. I did re-install windows a month ago. I also tried CCleaner to clean up the registry and everything else. PC INFO BELOW PC: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Processor: Intel (R)...
  9. Windows keeps suspending my programs I tried to Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps suspending my programs I tried to Open: Okay so, I bought a new program that is compatible with windows 7-10 and when I try to open it, nothing happens or pops up. So I tried compatibility mode. Still nothing. I opened task manager and see if it tries to open up which it does but shortly right after on the...
  10. Windows keeps suspending my programs I tried to Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps suspending my programs I tried to Open: Okay so, I bought a new program that is compatible with windows 7-10 and when I try to open it, nothing happens or pops up. So I tried compatibility mode. Still nothing. I opened task manager and see if it tries to open up which it does but shortly right...