Windows 10: I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

Discus and support I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My less than symbol is now ;My greater than symbol is now :My and symbol is now / and my at symbol is now "My computer was working just fine yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Constance Burgos, Apr 19, 2024.

1. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

My less than symbol is now ;My greater than symbol is now :My and symbol is now / and my at symbol is now "My computer was working just fine yesterday and the day before. I went to work, I came home, and now my symbols on my HP laptop keyboard are mixed up, but just some of them. Nobody else has access to my laptop and nobody knows my password. My husband is out of town and my kids were at school, so no one touched my keyboard since I used it last.Please help me figure this out!

:)

Constance Burgos, Apr 19, 2024

2. Add email addresses to suggested words?

Is there any way to add email addresses to the list of suggested words when typing with the keyboard? The help says to highlight the misspelled word, then click the + symbol. But, I cannot highlight a whole email address and get the + symbol.

For example:

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

The "MyName" has a red squiggly and if I highlight that part of the address the + symbol appears, but if I highlight the entire address the + symbol goes away.

How can I stop from having to type in email addresses over and over and over?

Thanks.

ComputerFields, Apr 19, 2024
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Kari Win User

I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

1. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My... - Similar Threads - try type symbol

2. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...: My less than symbol is now ;My greater than symbol is now :My and symbol is now / and my at symbol is now "My computer was working just fine yesterday and the day before. I went to work, I came home, and now my symbols on my HP laptop keyboard are mixed up, but just some of...
  3. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...: My less than symbol is now ;My greater than symbol is now :My and symbol is now / and my at symbol is now "My computer was working just fine yesterday and the day before. I went to work, I came home, and now my symbols on my HP laptop keyboard are mixed up, but just some of...
  4. Trying to update my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update my email address: I am trying to change the email address on my account. When I try and register my outlook.com email address as an alias it says that it is already in use and will not let me add it. How do I fix this?...
  5. Trying to update my email address

Trying to update my email address: I am trying to change the email address on my account. When I try and register my outlook.com email address as an alias it says that it is already in use and will not let me add it. How do I fix this?...
  6. i want you to give me my money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want you to give me my money: I want you to return my money to me. You made me a subscription that I did not want and took my money from the card. I hope to get a response as soon as possible....
  7. i want you to give me my money

i want you to give me my money: I want you to return my money to me. You made me a subscription that I did not want and took my money from the card. I hope to get a response as soon as possible....
  8. i want you to give me my money

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. when i try to use my "at" symboyl to type in email address it doesnt work. holding the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i try to use my "at" symboyl to type in email address it doesnt work. holding the...: my "at" button when you type a email address is not working? pressing the shift button and the number 2 button is not working? help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-use-my-at-symboyl-to-type-in-email/435189f7-1252-4d17-af3e-4a94d190c553
  10. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675