Windows 10: I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

Discus and support I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Error message The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combnation of display settings. Two of the monitors work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OwenrJohnson, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

Error message

The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combnation of display settings.

Two of the monitors work. Identified as 4 and 1

:)

OwenrJohnson, Sep 8, 2018

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 8, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 8, 2018
  4. I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

1. I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be... - Similar Threads - trying connect monitors

2. Can't set up pin - tells me I already have one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up pin - tells me I already have one.: When I open up my settings and check my sign in options, there is the option to "Set up" a pin. Once I open it, it shows me a screen titled "Create a pin" , which implies that I have not yet set one up!! But when I try to set it up, it immediately asks me to verify my...
  3. Can't set up pin - tells me I already have one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up pin - tells me I already have one.: When I open up my settings and check my sign in options, there is the option to "Set up" a pin. Once I open it, it shows me a screen titled "Create a pin" , which implies that I have not yet set one up!! But when I try to set it up, it immediately asks me to verify my...
  4. Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop: I have an Nvidia graphics card in my laptop that supports 4 monitors however I am currently limited to using 3. I belivie this is because the monitors are being run on the Intel GPU. Could somebody please help or provide some guidance on how to utilize the 4 monitor...
  5. MS telling me I am not connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS telling me I am not connected to the internet.: I use a VPN on this machine. Whenever I want to use WORD or get new screen pictures from MS. A pop up keeps telling me to connect to the internet. When in actual fact I am connected through a VPN. Why cannot MS recognize this. I have no problems with email or browsing. I only...
  6. Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor: I am running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.508. Recently device manager tells me that my monitor is an Acer 271HL when, in fact, my monitor is an AOC 2270SWHN. I have never had an Acer monitor. Why is this happening? 164400
  7. Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor: I am running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.508. Recently device manager tells me that my monitor is an Acer 271HL when, in fact, my monitor is an AOC 2270SWHN. I have never had an Acer monitor. Why is this happening? 164400
  8. Setting up 4 monitors failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up 4 monitors failed: I am setting up a studio and somehow manages to sync 3 monitor. However the 4th is becoming a pain for me to configure. I am using a USB C to VGA. 2 of them are QHD and 1 is 4K and the one not connecting is the one from BenQ22800. Monitor 1 - 75hz Monitor 2 - 60Hz...
  9. Help tells me to use Settings - About (Windows10) but I can't find it. Need this to try...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help tells me to use Settings - About (Windows10) but I can't find it. Need this to try...: Help tells me to use Settings - About (Windows10) but I can't find it. According to the Help robot I apparently need this to try and resolve an app that's not working properly. New device. Everything else seems ok except the app I'm trying to use....
  10. What is chkdsk trying to tell me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is chkdsk trying to tell me?: A few months after migrating to Win10, and after applying the Anniversary edition update, I had been experiencing issues of PC hung applying other Windows updates (several updates got to restart stage but would stay 8+ hrs overnight in blue limbo), error messages from my...