Windows 10: I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

Discus and support I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Error message The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combnation of display settings. Two of the monitors work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OwenrJohnson, Sep 8, 2018.

1. OwenrJohnson Win User

I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

Error message

The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combnation of display settings.

Two of the monitors work. Identified as 4 and 1

:)

OwenrJohnson, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Rolando Vil Win User

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 8, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 8, 2018
  4. SujataMoktan Win User

I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be... - Similar Threads - trying connect monitors

2. Connecting dual monitors to Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting dual monitors to Surface Pro 4: Are there any good tutorials out there on how to do this? Thanks, Nate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-dual-monitors-to-surface-pro-4/d0aea477-10ba-479f-8129-982da2d79ce1
  3. Set-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration tells me I have no DnsSuffix set for VPN...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration tells me I have no DnsSuffix set for VPN...: PS C:\mydir> Add-VpnConnection -Name "Contoso" -ServerAddress "test.contoso.com" -DnsSuffix "contoso" -TunnelType IKEv2 -EncryptionLevel Required -AuthenticationMethod EAP -SplitTunneling -AllUserConnection PS C:\mydir> Get-VpnConnection Name : Contoso...
  4. I'm trying to connect my fitbit blaze and bluetooth toggle to my computer.. it tells me i...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm trying to connect my fitbit blaze and bluetooth toggle to my computer.. it tells me i...: I'm trying to connect my fitbit blaze and bluetooth toggle to my computer. it tells me I am trying to use a usb3 and usb2..what do I do?...
  5. Dual monitor wallpaper settings. Want them to be the same.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor wallpaper settings. Want them to be the same.: I've got a dual monitor PC running the now released windows 10. Everything about it went very smoothly, right up until I tried to change the background. At first both screens had the same image (that cool windows 10 logo with light beams picture). But of course that wasn't...
  6. Windows 10 is telling me to upgrade my build, but I can't.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 is telling me to upgrade my build, but I can't.: My friend got this message saying to upgrade: "Install a new build of Windows now" "This build of windows has expired, so your PC will restart every few hours, and eventually will fail to start. Go online for more information." But we've tried everything and nothing...
  7. Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!: So I just got a 4k monitor to add to my two 1080p monitors. I set everything up and it was all fine and good for an hour or so. Basically what's happening is the scale option is locked to the primary display. If I increase the scale of one, the rest follow suit. I've been...
  8. What is chkdsk trying to tell me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is chkdsk trying to tell me?: A few months after migrating to Win10, and after applying the Anniversary edition update, I had been experiencing issues of PC hung applying other Windows updates (several updates got to restart stage but would stay 8+ hrs overnight in blue limbo), error messages from my...
  9. Messed up my settings, help me find them

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up my settings, help me find them: Hi! I lent my computer to a friend a couple weeks ago. I wanted to keep some folders private, so I was messing around trying different alternatives. Finally settled on just putting them on a separate USB key, but that left a mess behind. What I'm talking about: I was...
  10. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.: I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin). I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can! I had upgraded the old one to...