Windows 10: I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running

Discus and support I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a spill and took it to get repaired. Now the drivers of my canon g7020 are gone. trying to reinstall and it says the print spooler is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gethooked okcbighook.com, Nov 28, 2023.

1. I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running

I had a spill and took it to get repaired. Now the drivers of my canon g7020 are gone. trying to reinstall and it says the print spooler is not running. I go to settings and get the spooler ans start it. then when I close the window to download the drivers it quits running

:)

gethooked okcbighook.com, Nov 28, 2023

2. Windows 10 Spooler Not Running

• Windows 10, version 1709, OSbuild 16299.125
    • Error messages:
    - If I attempt to install a printer, it reads: "The Active Directory Domain Services is unavailable."

- If I go to the Control Panel - List of Services and look at Spooler, it reads: "Failed to start servie Error Code 5."

"Windows could not start the Spooler service on local Computer Error 5 access is denied.

- If I attempt to start Spooler, it reads "Windows could not start the Spooler service on local Computer Error 5 access is denied.

My PC is an ordinary modern Dell PC, XPS 8500 with 8 gb RAM and is working fine otherwise.

Windows updated itself this week, with feature update 1709, and 3 quality updates, KB4048951, KB4053577, and KB 4054517.

One other glitch that may help to understand the problem. This is my personal PC at home that only I use, and I am the Administrator. However, when I attempt to add an automated task, Windows 10 will not allow it and treats me as if I were a guest user.

donharmon42, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Print Spooler on Windows 10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try running Printer Troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1:

Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

If the issue persist please follow these steps and check the issue.

Method 2:

Kindly follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys, type
      services.msc
      in run window and press Enter.
    • In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.
    • In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.
    C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.
    • Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.
    Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

• Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Lee L. Win User

I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running

The printer spooler will not run

Hello,

My name is Lee and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

You may turn it on in 2 ways:

1. Via Servces App:

- Press Windows Key + R

- Type: services.msc

- Locate the "Print Spooler", right click it and restart (or start if it's stopped)

- Locate the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", right click it and restart (or start if it's stopped)

2. Via Command Prompt:

Open Command Prompt with Administrative Access

Type this command: net start spooler

If my suggestion did not solve the issue, please reply back so we can try other step.

Kind Regards,

< / L e e >

Lee L., Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running

1. I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running - Similar Threads - turn spooler exit

2. I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running: I had a spill and took it to get repaired. Now the drivers of my canon g7020 are gone. trying to reinstall and it says the print spooler is not running. I go to settings and get the spooler ans start it. then when I close the window to download the drivers it quits running...
  3. I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I turn on my spooler and when i exit the window it quits running: I had a spill and took it to get repaired. Now the drivers of my canon g7020 are gone. trying to reinstall and it says the print spooler is not running. I go to settings and get the spooler ans start it. then when I close the window to download the drivers it quits running...
  4. My pc become fast when i quit gameloop and my pc become slow when i run a game with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc become fast when i quit gameloop and my pc become slow when i run a game with...: Hello, Every time if i run gameloop and play games like cod it makes me lag and i can't play some games and i am worried about the lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-become-fast-when-i-quit-gameloop-and-my-pc/015e4c83-5c0e-4c6f-a2ca-ef6d622a5e46
  5. My pc become fast when i quit gameloop and my pc become slow when i run a game with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc become fast when i quit gameloop and my pc become slow when i run a game with...: Hello, Every time if i run gameloop and play games like cod it makes me lag and i can't play some games and i am worried about the lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-become-fast-when-i-quit-gameloop-and-my-pc/015e4c83-5c0e-4c6f-a2ca-ef6d622a5e46
  6. Why do I not have the exit and continue to windows sign and when everytime I turn on my PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have the exit and continue to windows sign and when everytime I turn on my PC...: Why do I not have the exit and continue to windows sign and when everytime I turn on my PC it says please wait and then it goes to the startup options...
  7. Print Spooler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Spooler not running: The Print spooler service can not run. It comes up with an error 193. All dependancie services are running. When I look in the Event Viewer I see a message that says "This version of Spooler is not compatible with the version of windows your running" Is there a way to...
  8. The printer spooler will not run

in Windows 10 Customization
    The printer spooler will not run: After I have done msconfig, it is ok to open printer spooler again, but after installing Acrobat, the failure will be indicated when the installation is finished. Opening printer spooler indicates that there is no star, Error shows 0x8007005. How can I keep the printer...
  9. Print spooler service quits running. Printers have to be deleted and reinstalled. Over and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spooler service quits running. Printers have to be deleted and reinstalled. Over and...: Print spooler service quits running. Printers have to be deleted and reinstalled. Over and Over and Over since 10/4/2019 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler-service-quits-running-printers-have/3ae67648-5c96-406d-8e4d-65c85a3523e3
  10. Exiting/Quitting Cooking Fever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exiting/Quitting Cooking Fever: Hi, I've looked all around for an EXIT GAME or QUIT GAME. To no avail, I've not found one. So basically I have to reboot my system to leave the game. Its a great game, fun, but to have to reboot always, not my way of exiting a game. Anyone know or have an answer? If not ill...