Windows 10: I turned my computer on and this appeared, tried restarting and nothing happened, did some...

Discus and support I turned my computer on and this appeared, tried restarting and nothing happened, did some... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lowkeybuffoon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lowkeybuffoon, Oct 7, 2020.

1. I turned my computer on and this appeared, tried restarting and nothing happened, did some...

/u/lowkeybuffoon, Oct 7, 2020

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 7, 2020
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

I turned my computer on and this appeared, tried restarting and nothing happened, did some...

Computer won't turn on after sleep Mode

Hi,

It appears that there are corrupted system files on your computer. We suggest that you run System File Checker to repair missing or corrupted system files.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the command sfc /scannow and press ENTER.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, we suggest to follow the steps on how to perform
    DISM
    to fix Windows errors here.

Marby Rey, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

I turned my computer on and this appeared, tried restarting and nothing happened, did some...

1. I turned my computer on and this appeared, tried restarting and nothing happened, did some... - Similar Threads - turned computer appeared

2. I inserted my smart card into my computer and nothing happened, I did not get any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I inserted my smart card into my computer and nothing happened, I did not get any...: i inserted my smart card into my computer and nothing happened, I did not gat any notification that indicates a card has been inserted what should i do?...
  3. I inserted my smart card into my computer and nothing happened, I did not get any...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I inserted my smart card into my computer and nothing happened, I did not get any...: i inserted my smart card into my computer and nothing happened, I did not gat any notification that indicates a card has been inserted what should i do?...
  4. I turn my computer on the computer tries to sign on to an account that is not appearing in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I turn my computer on the computer tries to sign on to an account that is not appearing in...: Computer signed into account not appearing in users and accounts in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turn-my-computer-on-the-computer-tries-to-sign/c8abdb20-c40c-4be0-bb7f-b3d8b2c26192
  5. I turn my computer on the computer tries to sign on to an account that is not appearing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turn my computer on the computer tries to sign on to an account that is not appearing in...: Computer signed into account not appearing in users and accounts in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turn-my-computer-on-the-computer-tries-to-sign/c8abdb20-c40c-4be0-bb7f-b3d8b2c26192
  6. I turn my computer on the computer tries to sign on to an account that is not appearing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can’t log into my computer. Wow. All I did was try to restart computer and this happens......

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t log into my computer. Wow. All I did was try to restart computer and this happens......: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Axstznn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc1m43/cant_log_into_my_computer_wow_all_i_did_was_try/
  8. cpu usage is up to 100% i tried ways but nothing happened when i restart my computer the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu usage is up to 100% i tried ways but nothing happened when i restart my computer the...: [IMG] i have done all the methods how to solve it but nothing worked. cpu usage is up to 100% i tried all the things but nothing happened when i restart my computer the cpu usage goes to 1% to 30%but when i open a single app so it goes up to 100%. i have 8 gb ram but still...
  9. Restart is 100% but nothing happens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart is 100% but nothing happens: [IMG] I'm having this problem now and I don't know what else to do. I've tried to boot into safe mode but this thing happened too. Tried the restore point thing too but it just showing errors too no matter which restore point I've chosen. I've also tried the sfc scannow and...
  10. My computer did not restart correctly. Ive tried everything and nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer did not restart correctly. Ive tried everything and nothing works: PC did not start correctly over and over again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-did-not-restart-correctly-ive-tried/42975e4f-828a-47cf-b17f-1816edaf4713