Windows 10: I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

Discus and support I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the onedrive icon on task bar showed it was downloading over 6gig, when I look in the Onedrive directory all, all directories have green circle with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CHETMARTIN, Jan 13, 2019.

1. I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

the onedrive icon on task bar showed it was downloading over 6gig, when I look in the Onedrive directory all, all directories have green circle with white check mark

but I can not find any of the using the file explorer, opening the my pc section on the left. any idea how to fix the problem

running window ver, 1809

office 365

:)

CHETMARTIN, Jan 13, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them. [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Jan 13, 2019
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jan 13, 2019
  4. I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

1. I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them. - Similar Threads - turned off files

2. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  3. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  4. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I upload files to Onedrive then download them on another computer.

Can I upload files to Onedrive then download them on another computer.: Hi, I've recently bought a new Asus Sonic Master laptop Windows 10 home 2004 version and want to copy across some photos, short video clips and a few document folders. I read that you could do this by uploading them to onedrive. My old HP laptop (windows 10) appeared to do...
  6. Overwrite big files in OneDrive without downloading them

Overwrite big files in OneDrive without downloading them: Hi, I have a bunch of big files (PSD files that I use in photoshop) that are synched up to OneDrive. I also have some of those files backed up on an external drive from where I used to edit them. Whenever I crate a new version of the a given file - with the same name - I...
  7. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  8. OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?: Hello, So I just clean installed the Fall Creators Update without any problems. I wanted to try out the OneDrive's File On-Demand feature. I noticed that I had to update OneDrive manually for that feature option to appear in OneDrive's Settings so I got the update from...
  9. OneDrive Files On-Demand For The Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files On-Demand For The Enterprise: OneDrive Files On-Demand has been designed from the ground up for enterprises. Files On-Demand leverages the Windows Fall Creators update to simplify the user experience with cloud storage and sync, bring the power of the cloud into Windows File Explorer, and dramatically...
  10. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....