Windows 10: I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post.

Discus and support I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i was factory resetting my pc and i accidentally turned my pc off. After trying to repair my drive in start up recovery for an hour i went to cmd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamesa123455, Feb 16, 2020.

1. I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post.

So i was factory resetting my pc and i accidentally turned my pc off. After trying to repair my drive in start up recovery for an hour i went to cmd and typed exit. My screen turned blue and wouldnt change. I turned my pc off then back on and all fans were spinning and lighting up but i didnt get a signal on my monitor. I did countless things to try to fix this and read every comment from at least 20 forums. Nothing worked. I cleared cmos, tried different ram slots, tried another gpu, made sure all the connections were secure, reseated 24 pin, unplugged hdds, tried booting with no ram.

Nothing worked. Everything spins and lights up but no signal, i think its the motherboard or cpu but i cant be sure. i didnt take my cpu out and my pc was fine before. I dont have integrated graphics as i am running a R7 2700X. If you know anything that could help, even if its odds of working are close to 0, please comment.

I have unplugged the pcie cables and the fans still spin so its not a pcie lane problem.

:)

jamesa123455, Feb 16, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 16, 2020
  3. PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Feb 16, 2020
  4. I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post.

Phone will not turn on after factory reset

i factory reset my nokia lumia 620 and it was stuck on the turning gears for over 2 hours and now it wont turn on at all ???? please help

gemmacairns, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post.

1. I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post. - Similar Threads - turned off during

2. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  5. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  6. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. HP Pavillion Laptop turned off during factory reset

HP Pavillion Laptop turned off during factory reset: I was resetting my laptop because I was planning on selling it and it turned off during the factory reset. Now, whenever I turn it on the HP and loading symbols come up for about five seconds, then the screen goes black and repeats. Loading symbol, black screen, restart....
  8. PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!: What happen`s if you Restart PC while Factory Reset? I don`t have any USB or DVD! Thx, Greetings! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turned-off-during-factory-reset-what-to-do/9d7741b1-f0a4-4001-8dac-c4478323af72
  9. Pc turned off during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  10. My pc wont factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc wont factory reset: whenever my pc gets done completing the factory reset it takes me to the blue screen with options and when i contiune to windows and start it a message appears and says your pc wasnt reset nothing was changed or something like that...