Windows 10: I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working

Discus and support I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working in Cortana to solve the problem; This is just images of it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by shaswatsinha, Sep 11, 2021.

1. I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working

This is just images of it

:)

shaswatsinha, Sep 11, 2021

2. speech recognition and cortana not working togther and not activated.

Original title: speech recognition and Cortana

I cannot activate speech recognition together with Cortana. I am having trouble following the steps in the directions provided in the WINDOWS 10 / SPEECH RECOGNITION file to activate Cortana.

Duncan_988, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

How to use Speech Recognition in Windows

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 11, 2021
  4. global Win User

I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working

Speech Recognition shortcut on the desktop?

Several threads suggest making a shortcut using the following string to turn on Windows 10 native Speech Recognition:

%windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX

However, I am trying for a Desktop Shortcut which enables Speech Recognition AND opens the Control Widget (the oval with the Microphone in the circle to control Mic on-off, etc.).

When I program in the suggested shortcut, the Control Widget does not appear and I'm not sure that SR is even turned on =no way to know since no way to turn on microphone that I know of without the Widget.

How can I enable SR to turn on, and the Widget to appear, through a desktop shortcut?

Also, I am just beginning to use this Windows native Speech Recognition, so I'm not too familiar with it yet but early results are promising. I have always used Dragon but have given up on that. I use speech recognition for voice to text dictation and not commands controlling the PC, etc.

I am gravitating toward the old Speech Recognition and not Speech Services (Win-H). Why? Because as I understand it, Speech Services (Win-H) relies on the Cloud back and forth, while Speech Services is wholly within the PC. Would rather not tie up Internet resources which might slow the process of dictation voice to text.

Any comments if the Cloud slows this down and whether your experience is that Speech Services is more, or less, accurate / easy to use than Win-H.

BTW, I have pretty much disabled Cortana, so maybe this disables Win-H, but I might reenable Cortana if Win-H is much better.

Thanks.

I have Windows 10 64 bit latest updates installed.

global, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working

1. I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working - Similar Threads - turned cortana speech

2. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  3. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  4. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  5. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  6. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cortana vs. Speech Recognition

in Cortana
    Cortana vs. Speech Recognition: Aren't - Cortana- Speech Recognition"Overlapped"?Both are WSR execute commands defined in Windows environment.- What are the differences between the two- Does each one has its own SRA speech recognition algorithmsMy suspicion is that Cortana brought-in to match other products...
  8. Speech recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech recognition not working.: I really need to get this to work, I keep getting this error message, I also found this post of someone with a similar problem, but just like him I can't get past step 2 since there's nothing on the left. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? submitted by /u/SGKKLNGGZ...
  9. I can’t turn on speech recognition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t turn on speech recognition.: I need help. I can’t turn on speech recognition. I searched deep into the internet and found no solution. I need help please. submitted by /u/cocaineking69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp3oq2/i_cant_turn_on_speech_recognition/
  10. Speech Recognition and Cortana.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speech Recognition and Cortana.: No you can not help me. I have had help over the years But help has made no diffrents. stop right there not my pc I have had lots of pcs over the years and its the same. For years you send out all kinds of updates and still cannot get your Speech Recognition **** to work 1/2...