Windows 10: I turned on my computer, my wireless adapter randomly didn't work, I tried to fix it and...

Discus and support I turned on my computer, my wireless adapter randomly didn't work, I tried to fix it and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I turned on my computer and my wireless adapter randomly didn't work. I went into device manager, deleted the device, restarted my computer, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stinkyspaghetti1357, Dec 2, 2019.

1. I turned on my computer, my wireless adapter randomly didn't work, I tried to fix it and...

So I turned on my computer and my wireless adapter randomly didn't work. I went into device manager, deleted the device, restarted my computer, and it worked. Great.

So I opened the Epic Games launcher, and in about 30s my computer blue screened and now won't boot in. I get sent to the blue recovery screen. System restore doesn't even work. I keep getting a bunch of blue screen errors, I think there have been 4-5 different ones, one about kernel, system thread exception, something about memory, and several others. Help. I literally just got this computer and all I had installed was a couple games off Epic Games launcher, barely even browsed the internet, this should not be happening.

I'll keep listing the errors in edits as they come along: SYSTEM PROCESS DIED

DRIVER RIQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

When I pressed restore and restarted it said something about attempting to write over read only memory.

Ok after 20 minutes of having a different blue screen error every thirty seconds it loaded normally. What the actual fuck.

submitted by /u/stinkyspaghetti1357
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stinkyspaghetti1357, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Steve Win User

Realtek wireless adapter randomly disables

I have a laptop with a Clevo P150EM motherboard and Realtek RTL8723AE wireless adapter running Windows 10 Professional.

I am occasionally able to connect to a wireless network and connect to the internet but the adapter seems to randomly disconnect and disable then enable itself after roughly 20 minutes. When this happens I am unable to reconnect to the network without rebooting the machine.

Sometimes when I try to connect to a network, the connection will be attempted then the adapter disables and enables, stopping the connection from happening.

I have updated all drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers, tried everything suggested by Microsoft including turning off the turn off adapter to save power option.

There are several other devices connected to the router that work fine, including Windows 10 devices.

I have exhausted the options presented in the Microsoft forums, most of which just point to solutions in the link above.

Does anyone know how I can get the wireless adapter to maintain a stable connection.

Steve, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 2, 2019
  4. I turned on my computer, my wireless adapter randomly didn't work, I tried to fix it and...

Wireless adapter randomly stops working

Hi Brendan,

As per the description, I suggest that refer to the methods outlined below and check if it helps.

Solution 1: Install the latest updates

Installing the latest updates for your device and Windows can help fix many common connection issues. For Windows devices, here’s how:

Step 1: Go to Start, and select Settings >
    Update & security > Windows Update.

Step 2: Select Check for updates. If updates are available, they will install automatically. You may need to restart your device after the updates have installed.

If installing updates doesn’t help, try Solution 2.

Solution 2: Check your HDMI and USB connections

Make sure both the HDMI end and USB end of the adapter are connected correctly.

• Make sure the HDMI end of the adapter is connected to the HDMI port on your HDTV, monitor, or projector. Use the included HDMI extension cable if needed.
    • Make sure the USB end of the adapter is plugged into a USB power source.
    Notes

• If the HDTV, monitor, or projector you’re connecting to doesn’t have a USB charging port, you can use the USB charging port on a device power supply or any other USB charger.
    • Use a USB extension cord if you need more length for your USB connector.
    • Make sure the electrical outlet you’re using for USB power is working properly. Test it by plugging in something else.
    If you’re still having trouble after checking your connections, try Solution 3.

Solution 3: Update the adapter’s firmware

If you can connect your device to the adapter but what you can see on your device isn’t visible on your second screen, the adapter’s firmware may be out of date.

If your adapter’s firmware is up to date and you still have a problem, try Solution 4.

Solution 4: Restart the adapter

Step 1: Remove the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from the TV or Monitor.

Step 2: Restart your device.

Step 3: Re-insert the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter into your TV or Monitor.

Step 4: Attempt to display one more time.

NOTE

It is recommended to check for updates on both your device, and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter after completing Solution 4.

If you still have a problem, try Solution 5.

Solution 5: Reset the adapter

Try resetting the adapter. This is also helpful if you’ve forgotten your password. Here’s how:

Step 1: On the adapter next to the wired connection, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. The LED light on the adapter will blink.

Step 2: When the message “Ready to connect” appears on your second screen, swipe in from the right edge of your device screen or select
    Action Center in the taskbar.

Step 3: Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select the name of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

If resetting the adapter doesn’t solve the problem, try Solution 6.

Solution 6: Remove the adapter and reconnect

There might be a problem with the connection between your device and the adapter. To fix the issue, try disconnecting the adapter from your device and reconnecting it. Here’s how:

Step 1: Go to Start, and select Settings >
    Devices > Connected devices.

Step 2: Under Projectors, select the name of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and select
    Remove device.

Step 3: Select Add a device to connect your device and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

If disconnecting and reconnecting the adapter doesn’t help, try Solution 7.

Solution 7: Allow the adapter to communicate through Windows Firewall

Windows Firewall might be preventing the adapter from connecting to your device. To allow the adapter to communicate through the firewall:

Step 1: Select the search box in the taskbar, enter allow firewall, and in the search results, select
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall.

Step 2: Under Name, find Wireless Display and make sure
    Private and Public are selected. Then, select
    OK

Note: If you can’t select anything in the Allowed apps and features box, you are not logged in as an administrator. Select
    Change Settings, enter your administrator password, and select
    Yes
    . Your administrator password should be the same as the password you used to set up your device. Then, make sure
    Private and Public are selected and select
    OK

If your firewall is set to allow the adapter to communicate but you still can’t connect, try Solution 8.

Solution 9: Reinstall the Intel HD Graphics driver

An issue with the Intel HD Graphics driver on your device might be preventing your device from communicating with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:

Step 1: Select the search box in the taskbar, enter Device manager, and in the search results, select
    Device Manager.

Step 2: Select the arrow to the left of Display adapters and press and hold (or right-click) the Intel HD Graphics driver.

Step 3: Select Uninstall.

Step 4: Go to Start, and select Power >
    Restart.

Step 5: After your device restarts, go to Start, and select
    Settings > Devices > Connected devices.

Step 6: Select Add a device to connect your device and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

If you still can’t connect your device to your Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter continue to solution 9.

Solution 9: Uninstall and Reinstall the Device Wi-Fi Driver

Step 1: Select the search box in the taskbar, enter Device manager, and in the search results, select
    Device Manager.

Step 2: Select the arrow to the left of Network adapters and press and hold (or right-click) your device’s network adapter.

Step 3: Select Uninstall.

Step 4: Go to Start, and select Power >
    Restart.

Step 5: After your device restarts, go to Start, and select
    Settings > Devices > Connected devices.

Step 6: Select Add a device to connect your device and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

I turned on my computer, my wireless adapter randomly didn't work, I tried to fix it and...

1. I turned on my computer, my wireless adapter randomly didn't work, I tried to fix it and... - Similar Threads - turned computer wireless

2. I am trying to fix my stepmothers computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to fix my stepmothers computer: The drive no longer comes up in the BIOS as a boot drive and it was just working shut it down to put it back together and it boots straight to the BIOS. I can see the drive under memory but it is not under boot menu...
  3. I am trying to fix my stepmothers computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to fix my stepmothers computer: The drive no longer comes up in the BIOS as a boot drive and it was just working shut it down to put it back together and it boots straight to the BIOS. I can see the drive under memory but it is not under boot menu...
  4. I am trying to fix my stepmothers computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wireless adapter randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter randomly stops working: At seemingly random times, my wireless adapter will just stop working. I cannot view available wireless networks, and the Wi-Fi properties in Network and Internet Settings simply aren't there. I CAN see the wireless adapter in Device Manager, where it has a yellow triangle...
  6. Wireless adapter randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter randomly stops working: At seemingly random times, my wireless adapter will just stop working. I cannot view available wireless networks, and the Wi-Fi properties in Network and Internet Settings simply aren't there. I CAN see the wireless adapter in Device Manager, where it has a yellow triangle...
  7. Is there a way to fix this issue, or is my Adapter broken ? I tried turning it off and on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to fix this issue, or is my Adapter broken ? I tried turning it off and on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xPain_4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lo2a2k/is_there_a_way_to_fix_this_issue_or_is_my_adapter/
  8. My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off: I have a realtek 802.11n wireless adapter that plugs in through USB. It is overwhelmingly slow, especially compared to other devices in the same location, and it occasionally disconnects itself from my wifi which becomes very troublesome for me. I have tried to restart the...
  9. I have changed my hardware, and I tried the troubleshoot but It didn't work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have changed my hardware, and I tried the troubleshoot but It didn't work.: The story begin in the early 2018, I have bought a key from eBay. Also about that I had a few issue to activate, because I bought it from the UK, so they activated for me from phone.(I'm from Hungary) And today I changed almost all my hardware, except my HDD(to have my...
  10. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears: For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel...