Windows 10: I turned safe mode on and forgot my password

Discus and support I turned safe mode on and forgot my password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had some problems with Twitch App on windows 10 when I checked the website it told me to turn on safe mode and reboot, but when I did so I faced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ammaryfares1, Oct 1, 2019.

1. I turned safe mode on and forgot my password

I had some problems with Twitch App on windows 10 when I checked the website it told me to turn on safe mode and reboot, but when I did so I faced another problem, I should login using only the microsoft account password and i don't remember the password and can't recover it, I tried turning off the safe mode via recovery mode and command prompt but I have to enter the password the don't know.

:)

Ammaryfares1, Oct 1, 2019

2. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile I turned safe mode on and forgot my password :).

zekrahminator, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 1, 2019
  4. I turned safe mode on and forgot my password

Forgot password....

did u try booting from safe mode. i think windows dont ask for a password when u enter to safe mode

LittleLizard, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

I turned safe mode on and forgot my password

1. I turned safe mode on and forgot my password - Similar Threads - turned safe mode

2. I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...: My computer is crashing every time I log in, I have gone into safe mode to try running commands, redownloading Windows, ect... My problem? I forgot my safe mode password and cant do ANYTHING in safe mode, everything I've seen online says stuff abput gping into setting and...
  3. I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...: My computer is crashing every time I log in, I have gone into safe mode to try running commands, redownloading Windows, ect... My problem? I forgot my safe mode password and cant do ANYTHING in safe mode, everything I've seen online says stuff abput gping into setting and...
  4. I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password: Please help me, I'm stuck in Safe Mode and i dont know my account password, i cannot access command prompt because it requires password to the account submitted by /u/wanekaze [link] [comments]...
  6. Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.: So I logged on to safe mode just to delete this chinese file, in order to do this, I need to enter my email account's password. I entered my password and it doesn't work. I entered the password at a different device and it works. But now when I want to go back to normal mode,...
  7. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  8. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  9. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

Booted into safe mode, and forgot password: I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older...
  10. Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 safe mode but forgot password: I am stuck at the opening window of Safe Mode (windows 10) and I forgot my password. I used another device to create a new password but none is accepted by my machine? What can I do to recover the password at Safe Mode? Thank you!...