Windows 10: I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10

Discus and support I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just set up my new HP slim line 410-010 and I have keyboard issues. I thinking it goes back to the choices in selecting your keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CTO40, Jan 12, 2016.

1. CTO40 Win User

I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10

I have just set up my new HP slim line 410-010 and I have keyboard issues. I thinking it goes back to the choices in selecting your keyboard configuration. I recall one of the choices was something about right handed so what ever it said is what I did. I can't type anything. When asking me to name my computer I typed in Tom and it came out as "oyw" I can't type in my email as it comes out gibberish. I am using my laptop to make this post. I am pretty much clueless about the Windows 10 operating system and I don't know how to get back to the keyboard setup and see what those choices are and find out what they mean in terms of keyboard action.

Hope anyone can help me. I am a rookie in setting up a computer
    Thanks

:)

CTO40, Jan 12, 2016

2. I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

I just updated my computer to the latest version of windows 10 today. The second it was done I tried to find an app on the Cortana search bar, and I typed one letter and it froze and closed. I already tried a different Microsoft account, and SFC Scannow.

OscarT_0406, Jan 12, 2016
  3. I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

So... I get to the part of the part of creating the new Microsoft account but I don't know how to sign in to it. I tried deleting the old Administrator account but it doesn't have an option to delete it. Your site wouldn't let me upload a photo so i'm going
    to describe what it looks like. In settings I'm under the tab Family & Other People. Under Other people it says, Add someone else to this PC," and underneath that it says my name with two options, change account type and remove. That account, underneath other
    people, is the account I just created but I don't know how to sign in to it. Then I went to Your info and it said my name in big bold letters. underneath it said my email, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Underneath my email it said Administrator. Underneath that it said Manage
    my Microsoft account and sign in with a local account instead.

OscarT_0406, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10

1. I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10 - Similar Threads - type letter appears

2. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  3. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  4. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to...
  5. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to...
  6. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. When I type letter E, number 3 appears instead. Whenever I type the letters on the top section QWERTYUIOP, numbers closest to them appears too. Whenever I type letters, the...
  7. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. When I type letter E, number 3 appears instead. Whenever I type the letters on the top section QWERTYUIOP, numbers closest to them appears too. Whenever I type letters, the...
  8. Windows 10 changes letters as I type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 changes letters as I type: Hi, I'm using Office 365 on a Won 10 Surface Pro. I have noticed that when typing words such as divisive or spanning, it automatically changes the first part of the word to <div></div> and <span></span> respectively and I can't find any way of stopping it. I thought it is a...
  9. Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter: So I have a bit of an interesting problem, on my keyboard I cannot type the Lowercase Letter L. Its weird because shift L works to get me captioL L. In fact, through this entire question I can onLy type capitoL L's. This is not a keyboard probLem, as I have tried 3 different...
  10. Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?: Don't know if this is a hardware or computer problem, but think it is computer performance related problem. I have been using a MS Arc keyboard for the last three years with no problems until the last several months. Often times when the computer is first booted up, and for a...