Windows 10: i typed snapchat into my file explorer and 2 .js files came up

Discus and support i typed snapchat into my file explorer and 2 .js files came up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i can’t find any info on the internet, does anyone know what these are? what is a javascript file. it has nothing to do with snapchat that i can find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/socksgrowonbushes, Apr 13, 2021.

1. i typed snapchat into my file explorer and 2 .js files came up

i can’t find any info on the internet, does anyone know what these are? what is a javascript file. it has nothing to do with snapchat that i can find when i open it, just lines if code i presume (i opened in notepad). any help would be appreciated

submitted by /u/socksgrowonbushes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/socksgrowonbushes, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Ripper346 Win User

The browsers recognize js files as mime type image/png

Hi to all, I have just asked this question in the italian community but it seems that the only way to answer there is to put random guides, I am hoping that in this community will be different as it is bigger. So, my problem is with navigation in some websites.
    At first I thought that it was a website problem, then a Google Chrome problem and in the end I think it is a Windows problem (Windows 10 pro x64).

Some websites (for example the Google Analytics one Redirecting...) are displayed blank, the js files are interpreted with mime type image/png and the css go to error 499. This behavior
    on the same website happens on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. Css and js files are associated to open with SublimeText 3 but I didn't have any problem with this association for years. What I tried is:

• doing a clean start up disabling all the third part services and uninstalling the antivirus as they told me in the previous topic
    • doing an in place installation, also upgrading to the spring creators update
    • adding to the register manually the content type value to .js extension and adding the category application/javascript to the main categories of the image/png ones
    Does anyone have a solution that
    isn't to format or resetting the whole system
    ? Thank you.

Ripper346, Apr 13, 2021
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 13, 2021
  4. derbeck Win User

i typed snapchat into my file explorer and 2 .js files came up

Setting File Explorer types

How do I set multiple file extensions for one file type? Since this new version of file explorer requires you to

select from a list of file types, how do I modify this list?

derbeck, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

i typed snapchat into my file explorer and 2 .js files came up

1. i typed snapchat into my file explorer and 2 .js files came up - Similar Threads - typed snapchat file

2. File Explorer Search While Typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search While Typing: Hello, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. On this laptop's version of Windows 10, File Explorer does not search while I type my search request, unlike on my old laptop's probably seriously out-of-date version. I would like File Explorer to search while...
  3. Setting File Explorer types

Setting File Explorer types: How do I set multiple file extensions for one file type? Since this new version of file explorer requires you to select from a list of file types, how do I modify this list?...
  4. File Explorer "Documents" Stuck on File Type Filter

File Explorer "Documents" Stuck on File Type Filter: Recently, I filtered my Documents by Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation. I had initially done it by clicking on Type, a column, and checking "Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation". Now, whenever I click on the quick access link for Documents it has Documents automatically...
  5. search in Explore File by type automaticlly

search in Explore File by type automaticlly: Hi , i dont know why but something happend and its didnt work i want when im search in Explore File its show results only by type without enter i mean even u type 1 key its start search automatic. if have someone have idea how fix that ?...
  6. search as i am typing in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search as i am typing in file explorer ?: is there an option to select which allows me to search the file explorer as soon as i start typing ? Right now i have to press enter everytime i type something. This restricts me from seeing partially matched search results. submitted by /u/dante69007 [link] [comments]...
  7. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  9. File Explorer: Manually assign file types to set type of views?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: Manually assign file types to set type of views?: I think I'll need a third-party app to do this, or back in the day we had custom super tweaks to windows that could do these things but... explained hopefully as simply as possible; In File Explorer I would love to have a way it knows what type of items are within that...
  10. I don’t see the file type in the file explorer column

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don’t see the file type in the file explorer column: I’ve bought the Surface Laptop and have a subscription to Office 365. I have an issue because the type column in File Explorer shows ms-resource:Strings/... rather than a file type such as Word, Excel or ppt....