Windows 10: I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but... I am trying to recover data from my...

Discus and support I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but... I am trying to recover data from my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a few old hard drives that have pictures that I would like to recover. I own a SATA/IDE to USB adapter and it definitely works fine for my spare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveRice_420, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but... I am trying to recover data from my...

I have a few old hard drives that have pictures that I would like to recover. I own a SATA/IDE to USB adapter and it definitely works fine for my spare hard drives on my Windows 10 desktop. But, when I try to plug in the old windows XP and Vista drives, they never show up in the file explorer in Windows 10? I've been told that they won't show up because they are Windows boot drives. What can I do to get the pictures from those drives?

:)

SteveRice_420, Feb 22, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Feb 22, 2021
  4. I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but... I am trying to recover data from my...

recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but...  I am trying to recover data from my... :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but...  I am trying to recover data from my... :)

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but... I am trying to recover data from my...

1. I understand that Windows XP is literally dead but... I am trying to recover data from my... - Similar Threads - understand literally dead

2. I am trying to understand how the data encryption functionality in windows 11 pro protects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to understand how the data encryption functionality in windows 11 pro protects...: I am trying to understand how the data encryption functionality in windows 11 pro protects my files from data theft. At this time I have used the properties function to encrypt the folders and subfolders and files. I also use Microsoft OneDrive for backup functionality. What...
  3. I am trying to understand how the data encryption functionality in windows 11 pro protects...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to understand how the data encryption functionality in windows 11 pro protects...: I am trying to understand how the data encryption functionality in windows 11 pro protects my files from data theft. At this time I have used the properties function to encrypt the folders and subfolders and files. I also use Microsoft OneDrive for backup functionality. What...
  4. Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...: Good afternoon, everyone. Yesterday I had the unfortunate experience of Bitlocker activating on my computer, even though I had NEVER activated it or knew of its existence. When I tried to log in to my Microsoft e-mail, I got the message that there had been several attempts...
  5. Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...

Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...: Good afternoon, everyone. Yesterday I had the unfortunate experience of Bitlocker activating on my computer, even though I had NEVER activated it or knew of its existence. When I tried to log in to my Microsoft e-mail, I got the message that there had been several attempts...
  6. I am unable to recover the data of my ondrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to recover the data of my ondrive.: Hi, Microsoft community!!I am writing to let you know, that recently I have deleted my data from my person OnDrive due to low space storage. This data was very important for me. I want back deleted data of OnDrive. Currently I am unable to recover it. Can you please help me...
  7. I am unable to recover the data of my ondrive.

I am unable to recover the data of my ondrive.: Hi, Microsoft community!!I am writing to let you know, that recently I have deleted my data from my person OnDrive due to low space storage. This data was very important for me. I want back deleted data of OnDrive. Currently I am unable to recover it. Can you please help me...
  8. Trying to recover data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to recover data: Hello everyone ! My xps 13 recently keep crashing Critical Process Died and when i reboot i have the no hard drive installed. So I can't launch my computer without a crash when i am on my desktop. Therefore i tried to recover my data with a Linux Live USB but my hard drive...
  9. How can I recover my data from a dead HDD that still spins?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I recover my data from a dead HDD that still spins?: My HDD died the other day, so I bought a new one and a SATA to USB3.0 connector to transfer my files. The dead drive doesn't register when I plug it in via USB with the connector, and plugging it in via SATA to my motherboard takes a while to register, but then lags my system...
  10. Dead laptop want to recover data that was on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead laptop want to recover data that was on it: I was able to successfully recover my photos following @ and @spunk advice... Definitely has peaked my interest in learning and understanding computers a lot more *Thumbs Stick around TenForums then, there's a lot you can learn here. The Tutorials are an invaluable...