Windows 10: I, unfortunately, had to reformat my internal HDD because I lost permission to access it....

Discus and support I, unfortunately, had to reformat my internal HDD because I lost permission to access it.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] how do I remove them from the list? I didn't get the chance to uninstall them before reformatting because I couldn't access my D drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thehoodred, Mar 1, 2021.

1. I, unfortunately, had to reformat my internal HDD because I lost permission to access it....

/u/thehoodred, Mar 1, 2021

2. reformat hdd

I am trying to reformat an old dell ispirion 5100 pata hdd with w7 from a new hp laptop using a usb adapter for the hdd. I can boot the hp to the w7 startup menu, but it doesn't give me the option of choosing the hdd connected with the usb adapter, it
    only lists the partitions on the hp internal hdd. Can I format this hdd with the hp computer using a usb adapter? The dvd I am using is an oem version that comes with its own product key that I purchased from eBay.

MarkFuller2, Mar 1, 2021
  3. reformat hdd

To illustrate your question, please open the Disk Manager (diskmgmt.msc), then use snippingtool.exe to take a snapshot of the Disk Manager frame. Save the snapshot to your desktop, then attach it to your reply.

What is the relevance of the OEM DVD for your reformat activity?

Frederik Long, Mar 1, 2021
  4. I, unfortunately, had to reformat my internal HDD because I lost permission to access it....

reformat hdd

Windows 7 is not designed to be installed on an external hard drive connected by USB

Bill Smithers, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

I, unfortunately, had to reformat my internal HDD because I lost permission to access it....

1. I, unfortunately, had to reformat my internal HDD because I lost permission to access it.... - Similar Threads - unfortunately reformat internal

2. I unsubscribed from the family, but I still can't access my account because permission is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I unsubscribed from the family, but I still can't access my account because permission is...: I can't leave the family group and I get the error "Only adult who gives permission for child named Bob can remove family member". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unsubscribed-from-the-family-but-i-still-cant/8e1de15e-27d7-4f88-898d-8810f8937f60
  3. I unsubscribed from the family, but I still can't access my account because permission is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I unsubscribed from the family, but I still can't access my account because permission is...: I can't leave the family group and I get the error "Only adult who gives permission for child named Bob can remove family member". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unsubscribed-from-the-family-but-i-still-cant/8e1de15e-27d7-4f88-898d-8810f8937f60
  4. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  5. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  6. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. i lost all my permissions for anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i lost all my permissions for anything.: so basically i was in settings on c disk security and i deleted almost all users in "Groups or user names" except my user (which has limited access). i was trying to turn off "trustedinstaller" to delete windows powershell. but well i'm stupid and did that and now i can't...
  8. Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?: I went to install Photoshop from their creative cloud app thing. I changed the location to install on my E drive HDD. I successfully had it installed on my C drive initially but uninstalled a few months ago. The install failed. When I went to the folder the install dumped a...
  9. Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission": I have an SSD and an HDD in my computer. I just tried installing the new game Fallout 76 onto my HDD but it tells me I cannot do this because I don't have directory permission. I'm so confused. I am the only user on this computer. Idk what to do....
  10. how to access documents on internal hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    how to access documents on internal hdd: May I ask a question on behalf of my son Please. He has just updated his desktop from windows 7 to windows 10,All went fine. The only issue that he has,He has all the documents photos etc on a second internal hdd and the C drive has only the Windows ten operating system....