Windows 10: I uninstall my laptop's keyboard. How do I reinstall ?

Discus and support I uninstall my laptop's keyboard. How do I reinstall ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I uninstalled my in built laptop's keyboard, and I had troubles trying to reinstalling it. Now I can't type on my laptop but click, on device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaxJohnson32, Mar 28, 2020.

1. I uninstall my laptop's keyboard. How do I reinstall ?

So I uninstalled my in built laptop's keyboard, and I had troubles trying to reinstalling it. Now I can't type on my laptop but click, on device manager in the keyboard section, there's only HID keyboard. Please help me.

:)

MaxJohnson32, Mar 28, 2020

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 28, 2020
  3. win 10 laptop Keyboard Controls.

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us few details,

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you update the driver for the keyboard?

• Are you facing any other issue with the keyboard?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Hardware troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
      that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

Hope this information helps. Please get back with more details we are glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

I uninstall my laptop's keyboard. How do I reinstall ?

Laptop Keyboard layout issue .

Hello,

To assist you better please answer the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which version of windows is running on your laptop?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your laptop?
    • What issue are you facing while creating system restore point?

Method 1: Keyboard Layout settings.

Your keyboard layout might be set for a different language than the one you want to use. To change the key board layout:

• Click on Start menu, go to Settings and select Time and Language.
    • Go to Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    • Select the language from Keyboard from the list.

Method 2: Uninstall the drivers.

Uninstalling the keyboard driver will not cause any serious problem, and the generic driver will automatically get re-install once you restart the computer after the uninstalling.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Keyboards” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Keyboards” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest drivers setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

I uninstall my laptop's keyboard. How do I reinstall ?

1. I uninstall my laptop's keyboard. How do I reinstall ? - Similar Threads - uninstall laptop's keyboard

2. I had a microphone on my laptop but i accidentally uninstalled it. How do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a microphone on my laptop but i accidentally uninstalled it. How do i reinstall it?: I i had a microphone on my laptop but i accidentally uninstalled it. How do i reinstall it? Windows 11. I have used windpws update and it doesn't recognize it unfortunately....
  3. I had a microphone on my laptop but i accidentally uninstalled it. How do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a microphone on my laptop but i accidentally uninstalled it. How do i reinstall it?: I i had a microphone on my laptop but i accidentally uninstalled it. How do i reinstall it? Windows 11. I have used windpws update and it doesn't recognize it unfortunately....
  4. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  5. I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?: my usb ports just stopped working so I uninstalled them and now I don't know how to get them back. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-my-usb-drivers-how-do-i-reinstall/3acf219a-74f1-4339-a503-f327f58a2827
  6. I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?

I uninstalled my usb drivers, how do I reinstall them?: my usb ports just stopped working so I uninstalled them and now I don't know how to get them back. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-my-usb-drivers-how-do-i-reinstall/3acf219a-74f1-4339-a503-f327f58a2827
  7. How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard: How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-my-uninstalled-keyboard/9a40b43f-415e-463c-9ad9-cbb9aaff27de
  8. How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard

How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard: How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-my-uninstalled-keyboard/9a40b43f-415e-463c-9ad9-cbb9aaff27de
  9. How to reinstall my uninstalled keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How do i reinstall my uninstalled audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i reinstall my uninstalled audio driver: So i just uninstalled my audio driver in device manager because i have problem, then i restarted my pc, when i go to device manager and scan for hardware changes, my driver doesnt go back, my audio driver is Conexant btw[ATTACH]...