Windows 10: I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

Discus and support I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by []Akira[], Aug 13, 2021.

1. []Akira[] Win User

I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even when I first try and download it. Please help and tell me what to do.

:)

[]Akira[], Aug 13, 2021
  2. MarkTiede Win User

Uninstalled app can't be reinstalled.

I was having trouble with an app. The developer suggested I uninstall the app, then reboot, the reinstall it. I uninstalled the app. I rebooted. I went to the store to reinstall it and the store says it is already installed and provides a "Launch" button.
    But the app is NOT installed. It doesn't show up in the list of apps. And clicking the "Launch" button does nothing.

So now I am stuck with a paid for app that I can't get reinstalled.

How do I get around this?

(on 950xl)

MarkTiede, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Apps getting reinstalled automatically after uninstalling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after uninstalling few applications, they get installed again. However, we will need the following information from you:

• Are you able to uninstall the applications successfully?
    • Does this issue occur only with these particular applications?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Ideally, if you uninstall an application, it wouldn’t install again without users permission. It could be that the apps are showing as recommended applications. However, once you uninstall the applications, you can go ahead and check the installed
    apps on the computer and see if the applications show up in installed apps. Follow the steps to check the same:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and check if the applications are installed.

You may also, refer the steps mentioned below to avoid installation of apps:

1. Press Windwos key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Start on the left pane and toggle the switch for
      Show suggestions occasionally in Start to turn it off.
    4. Now, open Microsoft Store.
    5. Click on Ellipsis (…) and click on
      Settings.
    6. Toggle the switch for Update apps automatically to turn it off.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 13, 2021
  4. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

Problems with the email app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and configure the account again. Please follow the steps to uninstall the mail app.

Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    After performing uninstallation, I suggest you to reinstall the app from Windows store and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

1. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It - Similar Threads - Uninstalled App Can't

2. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  3. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  4. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. uninstalling an app I can't find.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstalling an app I can't find.: HelloI want to uninstall the Tombola bingo app but it's not listed in the control pane' or in apps and features. I simply can' find it. I'm not terribly computer savvy so any help would be appreciated....
  6. Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(: Hello my friends, Oh boy am I in a pickle...So Bluetooth (BT) stopped working, the option to turn it on and off wouldn't appear anywhere, not in the settings menu and not in the action center. So I went to Device Manager >> Bluetooth >> and uninstalled the Intel® Wireless...
  7. Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall

Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall: It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot open. Why did this happen all the sudden? I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10. Version 10.0.18363 Build...
  8. I can't fully uninstall this app

I can't fully uninstall this app: I was recently having problems with nordvpn so I decided to install and uninstall again to see if it would fix the problem.I couldn't understand all that so I killed all of the processes related to nordvpn and then I was able to uninstall. when I tried to download it again it...
  9. I can't uninstall an app!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't uninstall an app!: My younger brother tried downloading "Fortnite" on my laptop and downloaded "Epic Games Launcher" and I tried uninstalling it but it just says that it is running and the Setup Wizard cannot continue. I have looked all over my laptop and it is not open anywhere. I do not know...
  10. i uninstall windows 10 store now how i reinstall??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i uninstall windows 10 store now how i reinstall??: Hello friend,s i uninstall windows 10 store now how i reinstall?? 66736