Windows 10: I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted

Discus and support I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an another partition other than C, in which i have ton of folders one of them is a Games folder had multiple folders of different games there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pranav420, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Pranav420 Win User

I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted

I have an another partition other than C, in which i have ton of folders one of them is a Games folder had multiple folders of different games there and also an excel file too. so i uninstalled a game from control panel and all the folders in GAMES folder got deleted. there are not even in recycle bin.

:)

Pranav420, Sep 14, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 14, 2021
  3. How to delete a folder if XP says it will make some programs not work?

yeah just delete it, xp just picks up that theres an .exe and warns you that the folder contains a program.

afaik hjt is stand alone and runs from its own folder without installing it, if this is the case then just delete it, if you had to install it then uninstall it via add/remove programs.

SpookyWillow, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Damocles Win User

I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted - Similar Threads - uninstalled program control

2. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  3. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  4. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstalling a program that I accidentally deleted in the control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling a program that I accidentally deleted in the control panel: Hi, I accidentally uninstalled a program Miracast on my Control Panel and now I want to get it back but I do not know how. I am seeing no "reinstall" buttons. Actually I think I lost it when I updated the Network Adapter in the Control Panel well maybe but not completely...
  6. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f
  7. Notifications Panel & controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications Panel & controlled folder access: I understand the value in getting NOTIFICATIONS in Windows 10 on the right side panel, including the Controlled Folder Access notifications from Windows Defender. However, there seems to be quite a number of CFA notifications (a good thing) but I wish that there was a way to...
  8. Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing empty folders from the control panel ...: Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand... 93922
  9. Can't open folders and control panel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open folders and control panel.: I can't open folders, or right click them... when i try to do it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then all my icons refresh and nothing else happens. I tried to change the size of my "text, apps and other items" to 125% and 100% ( i had 100% when this started to...
  10. Unwanted folders in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in control panel: Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them? [img] 21711

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted