Windows 10: I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage

Discus and support I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I downloaded a game that was 120GB to my c drive but when I uninstalled it the game and files vanished but my storage stayed the same so I contacted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by liamreid3, Dec 2, 2021.

1. liamreid3 Win User

I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage

So I downloaded a game that was 120GB to my c drive but when I uninstalled it the game and files vanished but my storage stayed the same so I contacted Xbox support but they didn't know? Has anyone else had this issue?

:)

liamreid3, Dec 2, 2021
  2. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 2, 2021
  4. I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage

Windows 8.1 phone app problem

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Launch Storage Sense.
    • Select the folder which the app is installed (phone or memory card).
    • Tap Apps+games.
    • Select the app and then uninstall.
    • Re-install the app by going to the Store.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage

1. I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage - Similar Threads - uninstalled app didnt

2. my storage keeps filling up automatically but i didnt download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my storage keeps filling up automatically but i didnt download anything: i dont know why all of a sudden i was getting less and less storage each day but i didnt download anything, it got to the point where some of my downloads on websites automatically deleted and im completely dumbfound. i tried deleting some things and even if i delete some...
  3. my storage keeps filling up automatically but i didnt download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my storage keeps filling up automatically but i didnt download anything: i dont know why all of a sudden i was getting less and less storage each day but i didnt download anything, it got to the point where some of my downloads on websites automatically deleted and im completely dumbfound. i tried deleting some things and even if i delete some...
  4. Uninstalled App Still Using Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled App Still Using Storage: I have recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 on my PC to free up some space, so I can play Flight Sim. However it has had no effect on the storage, but there is no indication of it still being there in the files of my PC. I have restarted an updated but still no effect....
  5. Uninstalled App Still Using Storage

Uninstalled App Still Using Storage: I have recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 on my PC to free up some space, so I can play Flight Sim. However it has had no effect on the storage, but there is no indication of it still being there in the files of my PC. I have restarted an updated but still no effect....
  6. I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage: So I downloaded a game that was 120GB to my c drive but when I uninstalled it the game and files vanished but my storage stayed the same so I contacted Xbox support but they didn't know? Has anyone else had this issue?...
  7. I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage

I uninstalled an app but it didnt change my storage: So I downloaded a game that was 120GB to my c drive but when I uninstalled it the game and files vanished but my storage stayed the same so I contacted Xbox support but they didn't know? Has anyone else had this issue?...
  8. I can't change the local storage for new apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change the local storage for new apps: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3je2sv7wv0151.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb92c66d577ef69600d65446dbd3302f38938c45 submitted by /u/Rapadura25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqoryi/i_cant_change_the_local_storage_for_new_apps/
  9. Microsoft Store Uninstalled Apps still in my storage and it occupies a space that I need

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Store Uninstalled Apps still in my storage and it occupies a space that I need: Hi Microsoft, I had to discontinue the installation of Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft store to my pc, due to storage space issues. I noticed that my storage space did not cleared the downloaded part of it. Please do help me with this Thank you. -Marco...
  10. I bought microsoft app but didnt get it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought microsoft app but didnt get it: I didnt get app although money is drawn from my bank account.ive tried to reach MIcrosoft support but its impossible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-microsoft-app-but-didnt-get-it/53f788e1-5a08-4eea-b8ca-5a11289ab34d"