Windows 10: I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back

Discus and support I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Ubuntu beside my Windows 10. I was watching videos using Ubuntu and Bluetooth headphones but suddenly my headphones disconnected from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Khaled Galal, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back

I installed Ubuntu beside my Windows 10. I was watching videos using Ubuntu and Bluetooth headphones but suddenly my headphones disconnected from my laptop and Bluetooth was turned off. I tried many times to turn it on and restart it using the terminal but no response. So, I restarted my laptop to boot into windows and I found the same problem there, I can't turn on Bluetooth! My laptop is hp notebook 250 G6. I installed Intel Bluetooth driver but nothing changes. As a last try, I uninstalled the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and now I can't get it back even I run the driver that I just installed from the official website.

:)

Khaled Galal, Mar 30, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Bluetooth's mobile phone drivers

Hi David,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager
    • Locate Bluetooth drivers, expand, right click and click on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 30, 2020
  4. I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back

Bluetooth software driver version is downgrading on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Bluetooth driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Bluetooth

• Click on the Bluetooth to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Properties.

• Now click on Driver tab and click on
      uninstall
      button.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver restart the computer. It should automatically install the
      Bluetooth generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to update the Bluetooth driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Bluetooth

• Click on the Bluetooth to expand, right click on the
      device and click on update.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated Bluetooth driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back

1. I uninstalled Bluetooth driver by accident and can't get it back - Similar Threads - uninstalled Bluetooth driver

2. I accidently uninstall my usb driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently uninstall my usb driver.: How can i get my usb driver back on?? I cant find any where a solution... no driver no update.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-uninstall-my-usb-driver/cf29357a-220a-4a2b-aaa9-0997a8ea4447
  3. I accidently uninstall my usb driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently uninstall my usb driver.: How can i get my usb driver back on?? I cant find any where a solution... no driver no update.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-uninstall-my-usb-driver/cf29357a-220a-4a2b-aaa9-0997a8ea4447
  4. Can't uninstall bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall bluetooth driver.: I have windows 10 and I am currently having issues with my bluetooth driver and would like to reinstall it. However whenever I try to uninstall the generic bluetooth radio driver the uninstall just runs forever and never finishes eventually crashing my device manager. Is...
  5. Can't uninstall bluetooth driver.

Can't uninstall bluetooth driver.: I have windows 10 and I am currently having issues with my bluetooth driver and would like to reinstall it. However whenever I try to uninstall the generic bluetooth radio driver the uninstall just runs forever and never finishes eventually crashing my device manager. Is...
  6. Can't uninstall bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth driver uninstalled but not able to get it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver uninstalled but not able to get it back.: not coming back after using scan for hardware changes. Add legal software doesn't have Bluetooth at all. Whole Bluetooth driver is under hidden list. Bluetooth on/off option not there. Troubleshooting didn't help and said no blur...
  8. Bluetooth driver uninstalled but not able to get it back.

Bluetooth driver uninstalled but not able to get it back.: not coming back after using scan for hardware changes. Add legal software doesn't have Bluetooth at all. Whole Bluetooth driver is under hidden list. Bluetooth on/off option not there. Troubleshooting didn't help and said no blur...
  9. Bluetooth driver uninstalled but not able to get it back.

10. Accidently deleted bluetooth drivers

Accidently deleted bluetooth drivers: Hi , I accidently deleted bluetooth drivers from device manager. Now I am unable to see bluetooth option. Also , no bluetooth icon in action center and no bluetooth on/off toggle button in bluetooth settings. I tried using windows update , so it will automatically install...