Windows 10: I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to...

Discus and support I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, i installed the "Files - File Manager for Windows" and set it as my default file explorer when it prompted. Now, i have uninstalled it and i keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GDM Music, Nov 28, 2021.

1. GDM Music Win User

I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to...

So, i installed the "Files - File Manager for Windows" and set it as my default file explorer when it prompted. Now, i have uninstalled it and i keep getting errors when i double click a folder to open in windows files explorer :- Also clicking on Windows file explorer taskbar icon shows this error:-

:)

GDM Music, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 28, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 28, 2021
  4. I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to...

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to...

1. I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to... - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Files File

2. Every time I try to delete a file, it takes forever.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to delete a file, it takes forever.: Deleting even a single file from my downloads folder is taking forever. It takes about 1-3 mins to delete a file.If I choose multiple files 4 or more to be deleted, the file explorer stops responding...
  3. Every time I try to delete a file, it takes forever.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to delete a file, it takes forever.: Deleting even a single file from my downloads folder is taking forever. It takes about 1-3 mins to delete a file.If I choose multiple files 4 or more to be deleted, the file explorer stops responding...
  4. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...
  5. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...
  6. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Uninstalled "Files - File Manager for Windows" and now i get an error every time i try to...: So, i installed the "Files - File Manager for Windows" and set it as my default file explorer when it prompted. Now, i have uninstalled it and i keep getting errors when i double click a folder to open in windows files explorer :- Also clicking on Windows file explorer...
  8. Error message and restart every time I try to save a file to an external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message and restart every time I try to save a file to an external drive: I've only had my HP Envy since November. All of a sudden when I tried to copy some Office files to a USB, I got an error message and a auto restart. It didn't matter which port I used, got the same result. I then got my easy store external drive out, tried that, and the same...
  9. WHAT is error 0x80041023 ..I am getting this error every time I try to activate Windows ,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT is error 0x80041023 ..I am getting this error every time I try to activate Windows ,...: WHAT is error 0x80041023 ..I am getting this error every time I try to activate Windows , pls help .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-error-0x80041023-i-am-getting-this-error/b5ce8d21-9805-4adf-9b40-d4792f66bcfd
  10. After I login I get a blackscreen. I tried to fix it but every time I reboot I get this error.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After I login I get a blackscreen. I tried to fix it but every time I reboot I get this error.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Whiteboy_76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv9jqi/after_i_login_i_get_a_blackscreen_i_tried_to_fix/