Windows 10: I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

Discus and support I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RicFredricks, Dec 7, 2022.

1. I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

:)

RicFredricks, Dec 7, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Dec 8, 2022
  4. I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

Windows 10 - OneDrive

I use Groove Music and OneDrive hasn't ran again. I suspect Office 365 is behind restarting it. There might be a setting in Office 365 somewhere to disable OneDrive.

This will get rid of one drive. Put it in a .bat and run it:
    Code: @Echo off echo Uninstalling OneDrive... start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo. echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

1. I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work - Similar Threads - uninstalled OneDrive mail

2. my onedrive app does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my onedrive app does not work.: It said not signed in at the bottom right-hand corner of my laptop. I tried to click on it to sign in, no response. Finally, I tried to uninstall, but did not uninstall. I tried to install and downloaded onedrivesetup.exe. When I clicked on the exe file, nothing happens....
  3. my onedrive app does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my onedrive app does not work.: It said not signed in at the bottom right-hand corner of my laptop. I tried to click on it to sign in, no response. Finally, I tried to uninstall, but did not uninstall. I tried to install and downloaded onedrivesetup.exe. When I clicked on the exe file, nothing happens....
  4. I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...: I don't want Onedrive. I certainly don't want it synching across computers... or moving my files around. I initially tried unlinking it to this computer but it was still moving files into the onedrive folder so I uninstalled it and emptied the folder. I couldn't delete the...
  5. I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled Onedrive and emptied the Onedrive folder. Now I get an error message...: I don't want Onedrive. I certainly don't want it synching across computers... or moving my files around. I initially tried unlinking it to this computer but it was still moving files into the onedrive folder so I uninstalled it and emptied the folder. I couldn't delete the...
  6. I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work: I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-onedrive-now-my-windows-mail-does/3b0838b8-ceda-4297-9b39-dd6f38796572
  7. I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work: I uninstalled OneDrive - now my windows mail does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-onedrive-now-my-windows-mail-does/3b0838b8-ceda-4297-9b39-dd6f38796572
  8. Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...: I am sickened by the fact that all of my info is on one drive and if i unsync or unlink my pc my entire desktop still shows up in the Onedrive path! I do not want it in the Onedrive path. I used to go C:\Users\user\Desktop ...now i have to go to...
  9. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: All of a sudden, the mail app is not synching. I get the usual message that "your Charter accounts are out of date". A box pops up asking for my password which I enter and save, I try to synch again and get the same results- an endless loop. I have run "sfc/scannow" and no...
  10. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: My mail app worked for one day after upgrading from Win 8.1. Now I get a message that "my account needs to be updated or fixed". It asks for my password, which I put in, save, but mail still won't work. When I go into "Settings" and look at the password field there are twice...