Windows 10: I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...

Discus and support I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell XPS 13 9365 Windows 10 Home I lost bluetooth capability and one of the tips I found online was to go to device manager and uninstall bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArNatha, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ArNatha Win User

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...

Dell XPS 13 9365

Windows 10 Home

I lost bluetooth capability and one of the tips I found online was to go to device manager and uninstall bluetooth and it would later automatically update, eventually according to the article. I uninstalled, waited, then panicked and clicked the windows update to see if it would update. It did not. I tried getting bluetooth drivers from dell, intel, and Microsoft. I installed all of them and for some reason, nothing is showing up for bluetooth under device manager. I use bluetooth designer mouse from microsoft and would like to continue using it if I can get bluetooth working again.

:)

ArNatha, Nov 13, 2019

2. Uninstalled Bluetooth Devices Automatically Install

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth... [​IMG]

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth... [​IMG]

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Bluetooth services and device manager

Hi Tina,

Having an incompatible driver causes functionality issues like what you are experiencing right now with your Bluetooth. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Bluetooth drivers manually instead of letting Windows search for
    an updated driver automatically. Here are the steps to do that:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Bluetooth, then the Bluetooth driver
      name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver
      > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the drivers you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

You can also refer to this
    article
    to see troubleshooting steps for common Bluetooth issues.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 13, 2019
  4. I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...

1. I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth... - Similar Threads - uninstalled bluetooth driver

2. Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager: I uninstalled my bluetooth device in device manager, as a tutorial said, but when I went to reinstall the driver from the manufacturer, I haven't had success. I have restarted and tried multiple times. What do I do?...
  3. Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager: I uninstalled my bluetooth device in device manager, as a tutorial said, but when I went to reinstall the driver from the manufacturer, I haven't had success. I have restarted and tried multiple times. What do I do?...
  4. Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager. HELP!: So the on and off toggle for bluetooth in settings disappeared after flashing my bios. So I did some troubleshooting to fix it no avail. I found a thread that recommended uninstalling bluetooth devices underneath the bluetooth tab in device manager, which I did...now the...
  6. Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager

Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager: Hello The Bluetooth icon on my laptop disappeared earlier this morning from both the toggle keys and the notification panel. Added to that, the Bluetooth on/off button also disappeared from the Bluetooth Settings. Even in the Device Manager, Bluetooth appeared in the...
  7. I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager

I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager: I have an HP Spectre x360. For some reason, the bluetooth stopped working one day, which seems to be a common problem for the Spectre. I was following instructions on how to fix it, but then I accidentally uninstalled the Bluetooth from the Device Manager. Now, even when I...
  8. Uninstalled Bluetooth Drivers, Now Missing From Device Manager

Uninstalled Bluetooth Drivers, Now Missing From Device Manager: I don't normally make posts like this as I often can find solutions that work for me but in this case I am at my wits end. I use an Xbox Wireless Controller to play games on my Windows 10 PC and occasionally it will have issues connecting. When this occurs I have found the...
  9. Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager: Hi, I have purchased a Bluetooth dongle from tplink UB400, this device is just plug and play for windows 10 and does not require drivers. In an attempt to change a setting i uninstalled everything under Bluetooth in device manager, now this device is no longer working. I...
  10. Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.

Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.: Hey all, Windows version: 1903 (Build 18362.418) So today I made a mistake and uninstalled, not disabled, my bluetooth driver from Device manager. No matter what I try, the driver will not come back. I have tried "showing hidden items" in device manager, downloading the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i uninstalled bluetooth device from device manager