Windows 10: I uninstalled the touchscreen ability

Discus and support I uninstalled the touchscreen ability in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was playing sims and the touch screen ability was messing with my playing, so i googled up how to turn it off, and I guess I ended up uninstalling it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lalarod, Jun 6, 2020.

1. lalarod Win User

I uninstalled the touchscreen ability

I was playing sims and the touch screen ability was messing with my playing, so i googled up how to turn it off, and I guess I ended up uninstalling it instead. For some reason, I didn't think I wasn't going to be able to get it back, but it seems like the case.

:)

lalarod, Jun 6, 2020

2. Touchscreen

Hi,

Since you already tried several steps, such as uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, and to the diagnostic tool test failed to rectify the issue on the touchscreen, then we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Jun 6, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I uninstalled the touchscreen ability :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 6, 2020
  4. I uninstalled the touchscreen ability

Touchscreen driver

To assist you further regarding your concern, we' d like to know which version of Windows are you using? On the other hand, you may uninstall and reinstall the touchscreen driver on your device. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.

• Expand the Human Interface Devices section, right-click on
      HID-compliant touch screen.
    • On the Driver tab, select Uninstall and click
      OK.
    • Restarting your device may download and reinstall the touchscreen driver automatically if you're computer is connected to the Internet. However, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer's website of your device to get the latest touchscreen driver.

Note: There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen
    listed. If so, complete steps 2, 3 and 4 for each one. It is also recommended that you install every updates available for your device.

Once you're done, you may adjust the accuracy of the screen senses by calibrating it through the settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input
      and press Enter.
    • Click Calibrate on the Display tab and follow the on-screen instructions, click
      Save to save the calibration.
    • Once you're done, click OK and check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

I uninstalled the touchscreen ability

1. I uninstalled the touchscreen ability - Similar Threads - uninstalled touchscreen ability

2. How do I turn my touchscreen back on after uninstalling the Hid-compliant Touchscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn my touchscreen back on after uninstalling the Hid-compliant Touchscreen?: I have a HP Pallvion x360, recently t just stopped working. I tried to reset & update to see if I could reconnect the HID to my laptop, but it didn't work, now I can't even find the HID in device manager it's not there. How do I reinstall it and get my touch screen back? I'm...
  3. How do I turn my touchscreen back on after uninstalling the Hid-compliant Touchscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn my touchscreen back on after uninstalling the Hid-compliant Touchscreen?: I have a HP Pallvion x360, recently t just stopped working. I tried to reset & update to see if I could reconnect the HID to my laptop, but it didn't work, now I can't even find the HID in device manager it's not there. How do I reinstall it and get my touch screen back? I'm...
  4. Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens: I am an avid touchscreen user, and frequently type on my Surface Studio 2 using the onscreen touch keyboard. In both Windows 10 and in Windows 11 on smaller screens, the keyboard can dock at the bottom of the screen, shifting screen content up so that the touch keyboard does...
  5. Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens

Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens: I am an avid touchscreen user, and frequently type on my Surface Studio 2 using the onscreen touch keyboard. In both Windows 10 and in Windows 11 on smaller screens, the keyboard can dock at the bottom of the screen, shifting screen content up so that the touch keyboard does...
  6. uninstall touchscreen HID

uninstall touchscreen HID: Please don't answer this question if you don't have/know the answer. I keep uninstalling the driver/device HID touchscreen and it keeps reinstalling itself. This behavior is making my life miserable. Uninstall means to uninstall and I am sick of this. I don't want to use or...
  7. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall touchscreen HID: Please don't answer this question if you don't have/know the answer. I keep uninstalling the driver/device HID touchscreen and it keeps reinstalling itself. This behavior is making my life miserable. Uninstall means to uninstall and I am sick of this. I don't want to use or...
  8. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop: I have this laptop that came with touchscreen capabilities, I reset the whole pc and reinstalled Windows using a USB, and now the touchscreen no longer works plus the audio drivers aren't found The computer name is Iota The model number is iOTA 2210 2GB RAM 1.44Ghz...
  10. KB3197356 kills the ability to uninstall earlier KB3194496

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3197356 kills the ability to uninstall earlier KB3194496: I'm one of those that were hurt by the last week KB3194496 update, meaning it completely killed my USB ports and I'm unable to use mouse/keyboard/USB sticks. I uninstalled it to avoid such problems and after removal all worked perfectly. However as you know Win10 by...