Windows 10: I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.

Discus and support I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know what I did was stupid, but let me explain why I did it. Basically I was having issues with my windows mixed reality headset and decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SomeRandomEarthling, Apr 21, 2020.

1. I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.

I know what I did was stupid, but let me explain why I did it. Basically I was having issues with my windows mixed reality headset and decided to uninstall it to see if I just had to reinstall the driver. However, when i restarted it didn't reinstall the driver. So here I am, with no functioning USB ports. Anyone know any fixes?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/SomeRandomEarthling
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SomeRandomEarthling, Apr 21, 2020

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 21, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Logitech G19 interfering with other hardware?

I would try uninstalling the devices in control panel and rebooting as suggested, under keyboard, under Human Interface Devices listed ones as USB ROOT and Universal Serial Bus Controllers all listed there as USB root hub, USB hub and USB Mass storage only.These will get reinstalled on reboot or when the device is connected.

Other PC operating system was ?

jds63, Apr 21, 2020
  4. I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.

Can't open USB drives, Windows 10, code 19

IF all the devices can installed and work properly on other Computer, let's try to reinstall USB hub driver to check the results:

Uninstalling USB Root Hubs: Uninstalling USB Root Hubs forces the system to reinstall the root hubs next time the computer is started. Use the following steps to uninstall USB Root Hubs:

1. Disconnect all USB devices connected to the computer except a USB mouse and keyboard (if in use). This includes hubs, thumb drives, printers, and cameras.
    2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. The Device Manager window opens.
    3. Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.
    4. Right-click the first USB Root Hub in the list, then select Uninstall.
    5. Click OK to confirm. Continue uninstalling all USB Root Hubs listed.
    6. Close Device Manager and restart the computer, the driver could be reinstalled automatically.

Also, to make sure if there is any corrupted system files related to this issue, run commands below to do the repair:

SFC /SCANNOW

Reconnect the USB device that was having problems and test it to see if it works when you connect your devices again.

Try to disable USB suspend feature:

1. Select the Start button, type power plan in the Search box, and then select Choose a power plan.
    2. Next to your currently selected plan, select Change Plan Settings.
    3. Select Change advanced power settings.
    4. Select the box to expand USB Settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    5. Select Plugged in, select the drop down menu, and then select disabled.
    6. If you're using a laptop, select Battery, select the drop down menu, and then select disabled.
    7. Select Apply > OK.

Kattee Lee, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.

1. I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall. - Similar Threads - uninstalled USB root

2. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  3. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  4. issue with USB root hub 3.0

issue with USB root hub 3.0: Hello, Anyone know how to correct this issue.i keep getting a continuous notification saying device not recognised malfunctioned.nothing is actually connected to my laptop.Ive tried uninstalling everything in device manager under universal serial bus controllers restarting my...
  5. USB root hub is not longer there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  6. USB root hub is not longer there

USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  7. Issues with USB root hub 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with USB root hub 3.0: So I got on my laptop the other day and I continuously get a pop up message saying "USB device not recognized: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I made sure all my drivers are updated multiple times so it...
  8. USB Root and Generic Hub not reinstalled.

USB Root and Generic Hub not reinstalled.: Hi, My lenovo laptop suddenly stopped recognising any of the USB Ports. I checked in Device Manager -> USB Serial Controller. Uninstalled Generic And Root Hub Thinking that will be reinstalled after restart.But after restarting it is not showing Those usb hub installed ....
  9. USB Root Hub 30

USB Root Hub 30: USB Root Hub 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-root-hub-30/54ec05da-a825-4a2a-b365-5048616b1e43
  10. VlA USB 3.0 Root Hub

VlA USB 3.0 Root Hub: I was trouble shooting why my epson scanner and seagate external hard drive was not being recognized by the Dell desktop. I'm using Windows 10. When I went to device manager I noticed that two VlA USB 3.0 Root Hubs had a yellow triangle. It said device not working properly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled usb hub drivers windows

2. what to do when you uninstalled usb root hub windows 10