Windows 10: I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back...

Discus and support I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC has been unplugged because I installed a new desk and I plugged it back in and then ran up a game and it's 10x laggier and the FPS dropped so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Unknown_14, Mar 18, 2023.

1. I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back...

My PC has been unplugged because I installed a new desk and I plugged it back in and then ran up a game and it's 10x laggier and the FPS dropped so much.

:)

Unknown_14, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Mar 18, 2023
  3. stocktiki Win User
    "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help.

Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC.

Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections." Ethernet, network cable unplugged (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller). It's strange because it had been working. The PC has WIFI so it's connecting that way.

Here's what I tried so far:

1. Plugged in Ethernet directly from cable modem. Same error.
    2. Connected another device to router. It works.

Seems like it's some kind of issue with PC itself - either hardware failure or driver corruption ? Would there be a problem with deleting the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller in the Control Panel>Network and Internet > Network Connections - restarting and see if that fixes the issue.

Any other suggestions?

I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden  I plug it back... 80978d1485967268t-network-cable-unplugged-but-plugged-capture.png

stocktiki, Mar 18, 2023
  4. TJIN0121 Win User

I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back...

Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged

Hi there,

• Previous status:
    brightness 100%, plugged in; brightness 50%, unplugged.

When I unplugged the laptop, the brightness will decrease down to 50%. And will increase back to 100% when the laptop plugged in back automatically.

• Current status:
    Always keep the last brightness setting, no matter laptop plugged in or unplugged, the brightness doesn't change.

Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks!

TJIN0121, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back...

1. I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back... - Similar Threads - unplugged was installing

2. so i unplugged my gtx 1660ti from my pc and when i plugged it back in it hasent been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so i unplugged my gtx 1660ti from my pc and when i plugged it back in it hasent been...: i restarted my pc and thats pretty much it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-unplugged-my-gtx-1660ti-from-my-pc-and-when-i/57465007-53c7-43c8-8325-bc0e57e9a185
  3. so i unplugged my gtx 1660ti from my pc and when i plugged it back in it hasent been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    so i unplugged my gtx 1660ti from my pc and when i plugged it back in it hasent been...: i restarted my pc and thats pretty much it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-unplugged-my-gtx-1660ti-from-my-pc-and-when-i/57465007-53c7-43c8-8325-bc0e57e9a185
  4. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.: Running the troubleshooter says no issues were found, and if I try to give feedback, it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Checking to update drivers says they're up to date....
  5. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.: Running the troubleshooter says no issues were found, and if I try to give feedback, it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Checking to update drivers says they're up to date....
  6. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unplugged my PC because I was installing a new desk and all of the sudden I plug it back...: My PC has been unplugged because I installed a new desk and I plugged it back in and then ran up a game and it's 10x laggier and the FPS dropped so much....
  8. I unplugged my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I unplugged my pc: So i unplugged my pc cable and then put them back on and now im stuck with a screen dell inspiration 3880 and all i can is exit or restore setting if i try to exit it just restarts in a loop same goes from restoring setting what should i do...
  9. If i unplug a hard drive and reset my pc and plug it back in will everything still work on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i unplug a hard drive and reset my pc and plug it back in will everything still work on it: I really want to know because windows is broken in a way that i dont know how to cope with so i want to reset it but i dont want to lose like my 1.5tb worth of stuff on my hard drive and i just want to know if i did that would it still work and be good. Thanks...
  10. Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.: So yeah, my laptop often freezes even when I'm not using heavy programs and the only way to fix it is to either unplug it or plug it in. My laptop's a Dell G3 and it's still pretty new, 3-5 months old if I'm not mistaken, so idk why it does that....