Windows 10: I unplugged my PC while resetting it

Discus and support I unplugged my PC while resetting it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so as i said i was resetting my PC and it was taking some time so i thought it was stuck. So i decided to unplug it and now when i try to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by soso2002, Jun 6, 2020.

1. soso2002 Win User

I unplugged my PC while resetting it

Hi, so as i said i was resetting my PC and it was taking some time so i thought it was stuck. So i decided to unplug it and now when i try to turn it on, i hear it turning on, but there's no output to my monitor, even though my keyboard lights up when plugged in it. I was on windows 10. Thanks for your help

:)

soso2002, Jun 6, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Headphone is unplugged !!!

Since you have a Realtek software installed on your PC, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below to correct its setting:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • Select Connector Settings in the right side panel.
    • Tick on the box beside Disable front panel jack detection.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I unplugged my PC while resetting it - Similar Threads - unplugged while resetting

2. I unplugged my pc while it was on factory reset and now it goes black screen then going to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unplugged my pc while it was on factory reset and now it goes black screen then going to...: I unplugged my pc while it was on factory reset and now it goes black screen then going to the screen that it was downloading on and then it restarts and keeps doing it. What do I do...
  3. I unplugged my pc while it was on factory reset and now it goes black screen then going to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I unplugged my pc while it was on factory reset and now it goes black screen then going to...: I unplugged my pc while it was on factory reset and now it goes black screen then going to the screen that it was downloading on and then it restarts and keeps doing it. What do I do...
  4. can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?: can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting? i'll unplug for just a minute then plug it back in again i just want to move it to my room because i'm doing the reset outside on our balcony, is it safe to do that? it's almost midnight but i'm still stuck at 2%...
  5. can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?: can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting? i'll unplug for just a minute then plug it back in again i just want to move it to my room because i'm doing the reset outside on our balcony, is it safe to do that? it's almost midnight but i'm still stuck at 2%...
  6. can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?

7. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  8. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  9. I unplugged my pc

I unplugged my pc: So i unplugged my pc cable and then put them back on and now im stuck with a screen dell inspiration 3880 and all i can is exit or restore setting if i try to exit it just restarts in a loop same goes from restoring setting what should i do...
  10. Unplugged while resetting Windows 10

Unplugged while resetting Windows 10: I was resetting Windows and I started the resetting process with the laptop plugged in as directed. Due to a loose connection, the laptop was unplugged for about 5-10 minutes and it was running on battery. It had enough battery and it did not shut down before I re-plugged it....