Windows 10: I updated my BIOS after I made a partition virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm...

Discus and support I updated my BIOS after I made a partition virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just highlight the disc "HP TOOLS D:" in disc manager, right click and chose "delete volume" right ? Oh ****, I'm just going to do it. Here goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrumpTinyPP, Dec 22, 2019.

1. I updated my BIOS after I made a partition virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm...

I just highlight the disc "HP TOOLS D:" in disc manager, right click and chose "delete volume" right ? Oh ****, I'm just going to do it. Here goes nothing...I did it, it says 2.4GB allocated and all seams fine. Oh happy day.RAH.

:)

TrumpTinyPP, Dec 22, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Can't remove Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue when you are trying to remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition. This partition is just a virtual partition that is created by using the space within your physical hard disk, so that
    it can be used within Hyper-V. Since you are no longer using Hyper-V and you wish to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition using Disk Management:

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter, this will open the Disk Management Window for you.
    3. Your Virtual Hard Drive will be indicated by a ‘blue’ drive beside the
      Disk n (n is the disk number to which the VHD is associated), select the allocated
      Volume, right-click and select Delete Volume. You can check the picture below for your reference.

I updated my BIOS after I made a partition  virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm... a9bbe536-f604-4912-9a6e-fdb56b275e03?upload=true.png

4. You will receive a prompt, click on
      Yes. This will delete the volume allocated to the Virtual Hard Drive and the space allocated will now be turned into an
      Unallocated space.
    5. To detach the Virtual Hard Drive completely,
      right-click on the Disk and select Detach VHD.
    6. You will receive a prompt, you may click on the check box to
      Delete the virtual hard disk after removing the disk. Click on
      OK

This will remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition from your system.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to post your query in IT Pro

TechNet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the issues with Hyper-V and Virtual Hard Drive to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 22, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

I updated my BIOS after I made a partition virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm...

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

I updated my BIOS after I made a partition virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm...

1. I updated my BIOS after I made a partition virtual drive D: evrything works fine now I'm... - Similar Threads - updated BIOS made

2. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  3. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  4. I changed bios now I'm on windows 10

I changed bios now I'm on windows 10: Hi. I changed my bios settings the boot options. And now my computer went from windows 11 to windows 10. I have no idea if any of my stuff is still there or anything really. I changed my bios back to default and nothing changed. I can't recover anything. I can't connect to...
  5. I changed bios now I'm on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed bios now I'm on windows 10: Hi. I changed my bios settings the boot options. And now my computer went from windows 11 to windows 10. I have no idea if any of my stuff is still there or anything really. I changed my bios back to default and nothing changed. I can't recover anything. I can't connect to...
  6. I changed bios now I'm on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. After latest windows 11 update, i can not see my D: partition drives anymore.

After latest windows 11 update, i can not see my D: partition drives anymore.: I can see Drive C: but not D:. I will mention they were not multiple hard drives: it is the same hdd, but had partitions created. I actually saw that drive D: is missing when i wanted to acces some files.I am not really interested to get my partition back as long as i can...
  8. I mistakenly made my D: drive as document folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I mistakenly made my D: drive as document folder.: I was planning to move my documents folder from C:\Users\Inspiron Laptop\Documents to D:\Documents. But instead I made the whole drive D: as documents folder. After this I tried restoring default location of the documents folder via properties to undo my mistake but a pop-up...
  9. D drive suddenly stopped working after partition attempt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D drive suddenly stopped working after partition attempt?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Louie2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwbsx2/d_drive_suddenly_stopped_working_after_partition/
  10. Virtual hard drive made with partition wizard lost after win10 install

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual hard drive made with partition wizard lost after win10 install: As per title, i have this annoying issue. Having a 3TB hard drive in win7, after partitioning normally the first 2GB of it, i opted to use partition wizard to partition the remaining 1GB of the drive. It did so, i assume, by creating a permanent virtual hard drive. After...