Windows 10: I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi?

Discus and support I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got the new windows 10 update. After it installed i went to get on discord to chat with some friends, but to my surprise my wifi was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sophia-blue-tang, Mar 15, 2020.

1. I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi?

I recently got the new windows 10 update. After it installed i went to get on discord to chat with some friends, but to my surprise my wifi was not working. I went to see the issue but then there in the place of the wifi symbol there was a white globe picture bellow. I clicked on it but my wifi could not discover any routers. I can still discover hot spots but that's it. I tried resetting my computer but saving my files. Followed numerous tutorials on youtube. Didn't work. I tried going to a previous version but my computer couldn't find a previous version. Tried command prompt. Tried updating and reinstalling the driver. Tried restarting my wifi. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my driver. Nothing is working. Please help.I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi? [​IMG]

:)

Sophia-blue-tang, Mar 15, 2020
  2. kjl1956 Win User

No wifi /internet access after windows 10 upgrade a month ago

Check list; device manager, network adapters, power management, wake and sleep settings both lan and wifi.

Pc power options, wifi settings, maximum power, if usb adapter turn off usb selective state, if pcie set link state to

moderate or off.

On device manager, driver settings also check advanced tab, the device not being used set power settings to turn off the device.

Also check windows update options if wifi is set to share or metered connections.

If these steps do not work, it may be necessary to turn off the device not being used in the pc bios.

Windows will use a lan connection over a wifi connection, so if lan is connected it can cause problems, disconnect

the lan cable and reboot.

I have two pc's that use usb wifi adapters and I had to perform these steps each time win10 gets updated, so

you are not alone on these issues.

kjl1956, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Windows update broke bluetooth about a month ago. (disconnects, going to sleep, etc)

Hello Eric,

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the last update which causes the issue?

I suggest you to uninstall the update and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to settings and click on update & Security.

• Click on Update History and uninstall the update from the list.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Mr Ed Win User

I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi?

Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi? :)

Mr Ed, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi?

1. I updated my computer a month ago but it can't discover wifi? - Similar Threads - updated computer month

2. Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs: Hello,I built my computer a month ago and I haven't had any problem playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.However, since I started playing Plane Zoo this weekend, I've been getting a loop/cycle of BSOD. At first, the game crashed and my very first BSOD...
  3. Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs: Hello,I built my computer a month ago and I haven't had any problem playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.However, since I started playing Plane Zoo this weekend, I've been getting a loop/cycle of BSOD. At first, the game crashed and my very first BSOD...
  4. My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks

My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks: I can’t connect to wifi at all when I click on the network button it won’t even discover any networks. i can use Ethernet to connect to the internet but I don’t know why I’m not able to connect to the internet using wifi, I’ve looked and checked all of my network adapter...
  5. My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer won’t connect to wifi won’t even discover networks: I can’t connect to wifi at all when I click on the network button it won’t even discover any networks. i can use Ethernet to connect to the internet but I don’t know why I’m not able to connect to the internet using wifi, I’ve looked and checked all of my network adapter...
  6. can't discover other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  7. How can i check my wifi access history from several months ago?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i check my wifi access history from several months ago?: I want to check my wifi access history from a several months ago, how can i do that? i really need your help. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-check-my-wifi-access-history-from/59936c4d-0047-48b6-a973-b0dfff7a6925
  8. Help with my built computer from a few months ago?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with my built computer from a few months ago?: Hey everyone, back in July I built my computer with a ryzen 3600. However, I have been getting constant BSODS and freezes from the past few months, and the longest I’ve ever went without a crash was not even a week. I’m wasn’t sure where to start, so I decided to start by...
  9. :Ost my 5.1 sound with an update months ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    :Ost my 5.1 sound with an update months ago: Lost my 5.1 sound with an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ost-my-51-sound-with-an-update-months-ago/36d6ce14-08f0-459b-8aef-0dbdad70a551
  10. Games Purchased Months Ago Not On My Account

Games Purchased Months Ago Not On My Account: I purchased Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 when they first released but when I recently went to reinstall them, it said I had to buy the game again. Could someone please help me with this or lead me in the direction of someone who can. I still have the email receipts to...