Windows 10: i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

Discus and support i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my computer is not booting up. the error message I am getting is 'attempting to recover installation'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitaHorton, Dec 2, 2019.

1. i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

my computer is not booting up. the error message I am getting is 'attempting to recover installation'

:)

RitaHorton, Dec 2, 2019
  2. jjjjswan Win User

Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Dec 2, 2019
  3. “Attempting to recover installation” loop

Hi,

Software incompatibility is the most common cause why issues or errors with installing updates are occurring. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your device before you run the update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

If you are using Windows 10, we suggest restoring or repairing your computer using an installation media. To do so, visit this
    link and then follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 2, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

1. i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping - Similar Threads - updated computer saying

2. How do I recover my PC from attempting repairs loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my PC from attempting repairs loop?: My Windows 10 PC is stuck in an attempting automatic repairs loop, where it attempts to repair it and then tells me my PC did not start correctly and asks if I want to restart. Restarting does nothing.I've tried the chkdsk command, and it goes through and checks my files...
  3. How do I recover my PC from attempting repairs loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my PC from attempting repairs loop?: My Windows 10 PC is stuck in an attempting automatic repairs loop, where it attempts to repair it and then tells me my PC did not start correctly and asks if I want to restart. Restarting does nothing.I've tried the chkdsk command, and it goes through and checks my files...
  4. How do I recover my PC from attempting repairs loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  6. All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  7. all attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  8. Attempting to recover Installation

Attempting to recover Installation: After downloading recent updates my system started installing update. Then after 2 hour it went into infinite loop saying that "Attempting to recover installations" & "Undoing changes made to your computer". I read a post regarding this issue and it said to go into window...
  9. Attempting to recover installation keeps looping at start up

Attempting to recover installation keeps looping at start up: Let me preface this by saying that I know nothing about computers. Last night I had an update scheduled and when I woke up, I had an error message. I can't tell you what it said, I was dumb and just clicked ok. Now, my computer continuously cycles through a start up...
  10. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...