Windows 10: i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

Discus and support i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my computer is not booting up. the error message I am getting is 'attempting to recover installation'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitaHorton, Dec 2, 2019.

1. i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

my computer is not booting up. the error message I am getting is 'attempting to recover installation'

:)

RitaHorton, Dec 2, 2019
  2. jjjjswan Win User

Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Dec 2, 2019
  3. “Attempting to recover installation” loop

Hi,

Software incompatibility is the most common cause why issues or errors with installing updates are occurring. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your device before you run the update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

If you are using Windows 10, we suggest restoring or repairing your computer using an installation media. To do so, visit this
    link and then follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 2, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping

1. i updated my computer and it is now saying attempting to recover installation and looping - Similar Threads - updated computer saying

2. My windows laptop struck " Attempting to recover installation " and " undoing changes made...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows laptop struck " Attempting to recover installation " and " undoing changes made...: Initially I did not shutdown my laptop... After some time I opened my laptop....Then there is a message like attempting to recover installation and undoing changes made to your computer and started restart loop. [ATTACH] To overcome this problem, I tried hard shutdown for...
  3. Windows Install Loop and Ocasionally BSOD after OOBE was attempted

Windows Install Loop and Ocasionally BSOD after OOBE was attempted: Greetings everyone, I wanted to do a go back to when my Surface Pro 3 was fresh out of the box because every time I updated the driver for the keyboard it gave me a BSOD when the keyboard was attached to the Surface, but no BSOD if the keyboard was unattached after...
  4. Help I Factory Reset my computer and now it is finished it is in a loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help I Factory Reset my computer and now it is finished it is in a loop.: I factory reset-ed my computer and when it finished it was like normal"ex: when is your home country/region...ect" then it says windows cant start up your computer and we think a update will help so we set up the internet, then it says Just a moment then after a couple...
  5. How to recover my computer from the last update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to recover my computer from the last update: Last night windows did a big update, this morning when I woke I turned on my computer to find everything gone. All my folders from my desktop are gone - 19 years of my own genealogy - pictures I can not get again as my mother and father are DEAD, as well as others peoples...
  6. Update loop - recovered. What next?

Update loop - recovered. What next?: I have recovered (for the second time) from the win 10 update loop. Lots of advice on how to do that, but what next? How do I get the update to stick and work? It's not helped by the tendency of the update to happen without warning - do this or do that because this may...
  7. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...
  8. my laptop is attempting to repair loop

my laptop is attempting to repair loop: my laptop is in attempting to repair loop and i cant restore it or anything just constant cant repair. Can i create a repair boot usb on another computer to use on my laptop ?...
  9. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. My computer says I am in Romania!

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer says I am in Romania!: Whenever I go to an online store checkout page the country is often pre-filled with Romania it occasionally happens in other circumstances too - I am in Spain! What could be causing the confusion. I use Google Chrome Canary. 56812