Windows 10: I updated my display adapter drivers on my laptop and now i cant open games.

Discus and support I updated my display adapter drivers on my laptop and now i cant open games. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft! Hope you guys are staying safe from the corona virus. Yesterday I tried updating my display adapter drivers and it worked successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The_Real_OG, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I updated my display adapter drivers on my laptop and now i cant open games.

Hello Microsoft! Hope you guys are staying safe from the corona virus. Yesterday I tried updating my display adapter drivers and it worked successfully but when I tried opening a game like Fortnite, it just crashes and says my video driver crashed and had to reset. I don't know what this means but it would mean a lot if you me help me out. Hope you guys stay safe from the virus!

:)

The_Real_OG, Apr 23, 2020

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 23, 2020
  4. I updated my display adapter drivers on my laptop and now i cant open games.

Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

I updated my display adapter drivers on my laptop and now i cant open games.

1. I updated my display adapter drivers on my laptop and now i cant open games. - Similar Threads - updated display adapter

2. i cant open games on steam due to the display driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open games on steam due to the display driver issue: I have noticed that some games that I play on steam does not open, meaning it runs in the background but wont go full screen.I can notice it running in the Background but whenever I click on the application in the taskbar it glitches and wont open but still runs.After further...
  3. i cant open games on steam due to the display driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open games on steam due to the display driver issue: I have noticed that some games that I play on steam does not open, meaning it runs in the background but wont go full screen.I can notice it running in the Background but whenever I click on the application in the taskbar it glitches and wont open but still runs.After further...
  4. Help i uninstalled my Nvidia display adapter and i cant get it back

Help i uninstalled my Nvidia display adapter and i cant get it back: I uninstalled my Nvidia display adapter after seeing a post about how to fix my monitor's screen from flickering to black, When I uninstalled it the post I read told me to select the option "Delete the driver software from this devise" when I uninstalled the driver. When I...
  5. Help i uninstalled my Nvidia display adapter and i cant get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help i uninstalled my Nvidia display adapter and i cant get it back: I uninstalled my Nvidia display adapter after seeing a post about how to fix my monitor's screen from flickering to black, When I uninstalled it the post I read told me to select the option "Delete the driver software from this devise" when I uninstalled the driver. When I...
  6. i reset my microsoft store but now i cant open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i reset my microsoft store but now i cant open it: None of the updates or downloads I was trying to do on Microsoft store was working, so I went online and found a solution that said resetting my Microsoft store from settings would fix it. I did this and I've restarted my computer too but I'm not able to open my Microsoft...
  7. i reset my microsoft store but now i cant open it

i reset my microsoft store but now i cant open it: None of the updates or downloads I was trying to do on Microsoft store was working, so I went online and found a solution that said resetting my Microsoft store from settings would fix it. I did this and I've restarted my computer too but I'm not able to open my Microsoft...
  8. i cant update and i cant reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant update and i cant reset my laptop: so i want to update my windows but when finished downloading always showing error so i download windows updater from microsoft and it says delete all files but when i want to reset my laptop, i always get error, i cant reset my laptop and update my windows, can somebody help?...
  9. i cant open my games on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i cant open my games on microsoft store: i just bought the xbox game pass and when i try to open my games i just get this error message 0x803F8001. I have tried to fix the problem for a while now but it wont work....
  10. i cant update my gaming service

i cant update my gaming service: when i click update i get an error Code: 0x8007139F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-update-my-gaming-service/9bf4aadc-c208-43fa-b0ac-2959ea749e8e