Windows 10: I updated my graphics driver to the latest version but now my PC seems to have become slow...

Discus and support I updated my graphics driver to the latest version but now my PC seems to have become slow... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, so I found out that there was a latest version of graphic drivers available for my Intel HD 620. So i downloaded it from official Intel website and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RudraSolanki, Jan 8, 2021.

1. I updated my graphics driver to the latest version but now my PC seems to have become slow...

Ok, so I found out that there was a latest version of graphic drivers available for my Intel HD 620. So i downloaded it from official Intel website and the Installation was successful. But now my PC seems slow and my games lag a lot. Valorant, being unplayable and a huge frame drop in CSGO. And one more thing, I updated my drivers once, then as soon as the update was successful, I found out that there was even newer version available so I again updated it. And when i started using PC, it seemed slow and games lagged, so I rolled back to previous driverwhich was just updated , and this driver too lagged a lot. And now the roll back option is grayed out maybe because intel installed overwrites the current driver, which means I cannot go back to the driver where everything was working fine. So what should I do now? Should I try a clean installation of latest driver by uninstalling the current driver and then installing the new driver all over again? And yes, I dont remember which version was the driver which worked perfectly.

:)

RudraSolanki, Jan 8, 2021

2. Latest Drivers

Hi Gavin,

The error message that you receive when playing Scrap Mechanic is possibly caused by an outdated graphics card driver. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• What steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the graphics card driver on your PC?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, make sure that you install all the critical and important updates on your PC by following the steps on this

link

We also suggest that you determine which version of DirectX is currently on your computer. 

• Click Start, and then type dxdiag in the search box. 
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Under the System tab, make sure that the DirectX Version is DirectX 12. 

Loraine Mon, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 8, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

I updated my graphics driver to the latest version but now my PC seems to have become slow...

Graphics driver failed durring installation

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Do you get any error messages while booting the computer normally?
    • What is the make and model number of the computer?
    This issue could have occurred if the driver is not installed properly.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode with Networking, I suggest you to install latest graphics driver and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

Now install latest graphics driver and check if you can boot the computer normally.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

I updated my graphics driver to the latest version but now my PC seems to have become slow...

1. I updated my graphics driver to the latest version but now my PC seems to have become slow... - Similar Threads - updated graphics driver

2. Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?: So I've been having some kind of problem with drivers in windows 10. To explain my device is Aspire E1-572G and currently I am using windows 10, if you can check the latest driver for my graphics card AMD RADEON HD 8750M IN THE ACER WEBSITE there isn't a driver update or a...
  3. Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?: So I've been having some kind of problem with drivers in windows 10. To explain my device is Aspire E1-572G and currently I am using windows 10, if you can check the latest driver for my graphics card AMD RADEON HD 8750M IN THE ACER WEBSITE there isn't a driver update or a...
  4. How do I get the latest version of my graphics driver?

How do I get the latest version of my graphics driver?: So basically I am trying to get intel graphics command center and there are minimum requirements, one of them is to have a windows driver version 25.20.100.6618 or newer. However, my graphics driver is 20.19.15.5058 and it says "A customized computer manufacturer driver is...
  5. How do I get the latest version of my graphics driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the latest version of my graphics driver?: So basically I am trying to get intel graphics command center and there are minimum requirements, one of them is to have a windows driver version 25.20.100.6618 or newer. However, my graphics driver is 20.19.15.5058 and it says "A customized computer manufacturer driver is...
  6. How do I get the latest version of my graphics driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is this a windows thing? Or is my laptop busted? I have the latest graphics driver...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a windows thing? Or is my laptop busted? I have the latest graphics driver...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Levaarmina [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vqhauo/is_this_a_windows_thing_or_is_my_laptop_busted_i/
  8. Something seems to be wrong with my graphics driver?

Something seems to be wrong with my graphics driver?: I've already tried to reinstall drivers and uninstall the device, however this problem still arises, I am not sure what the problem is anymore. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Is latest Intel Graphic Driver applicable to my pc ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is latest Intel Graphic Driver applicable to my pc ?: I would like to know if the latest Intel Graphic Driver suitable for my Windows 10 pro pc with Fall Update. I have attached a snapshot of my present Intel graphic driver specs.... Do i need to update ? I can remember downloading a Intel Graphic Driver just after...
  10. Need help finding the latest Graphics Driver for my PC

Need help finding the latest Graphics Driver for my PC: I need help finding the latest graphics driver for my Acer laptop. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 laptop with an AMD E2 Vision. I believe. 37951

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer starts laging after instalation of vga drivers