Windows 10: I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...

Discus and support I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cant use my pin to log on to my computer, it uses my old email that i dont have access to. It wont let me switch to my alternative email. I did an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lorene Delgarito, Dec 3, 2023.

1. I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...

I cant use my pin to log on to my computer, it uses my old email that i dont have access to. It wont let me switch to my alternative email. I did an update and it reset my pin, it tells me i need to log on to my old email that i dont have access too and get a code. When i tried the "i dont have any of these" it sends me a link "hhtps://account.live.com/proofs/marklost. I tried to log into, but when i tried it on my computer it just used my old email. Please help. I need my computer for important documents. I use the HP laptop.

:)

Lorene Delgarito, Dec 3, 2023

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 3, 2023
  3. loftus49 Win User
    Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Dec 3, 2023
  4. I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...

PIN reset failed

Ok this is an update

I logged in to my account from another laptop.

2 step verification isn't enabled

In the security page, there is no option to reset PIN, only an option to reset email password "Which I can't use to log into the laptop"

PIN reset failed, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...

1. I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont... - Similar Threads - updated laptop said

2. Something updated on my laptop and disabled my PIN and I now cannot reset my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something updated on my laptop and disabled my PIN and I now cannot reset my PIN: So I was doing some updates to my laptop and upon a restart I received the message that my PIN would no longer work and that I would need to create a new one. No problem right? nope this became a big problem. Creating a new PIN requires me to login to a Microsoft account I...
  3. Something updated on my laptop and disabled my PIN and I now cannot reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something updated on my laptop and disabled my PIN and I now cannot reset my PIN: So I was doing some updates to my laptop and upon a restart I received the message that my PIN would no longer work and that I would need to create a new one. No problem right? nope this became a big problem. Creating a new PIN requires me to login to a Microsoft account I...
  4. Something updated on my laptop and disabled my PIN and I now cannot reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...: I cant use my pin to log on to my computer, it uses my old email that i dont have access to. It wont let me switch to my alternative email. I did an update and it reset my pin, it tells me i need to log on to my old email that i dont have access too and get a code. When i...
  6. I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...

I updated my hp laptop and it said to reset my pin but it used my old email that i dont...: I cant use my pin to log on to my computer, it uses my old email that i dont have access to. It wont let me switch to my alternative email. I did an update and it reset my pin, it tells me i need to log on to my old email that i dont have access too and get a code. When i...
  7. I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop: I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reset-my-pin-to-log-into-my-laptop/9a9ad6dc-3403-4085-a434-f73c10c3cf20
  8. I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop

I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop: I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reset-my-pin-to-log-into-my-laptop/9a9ad6dc-3403-4085-a434-f73c10c3cf20
  9. I cant reset my pin to log into my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Reset current PIN into my old PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset current PIN into my old PIN: So when I turned on my computer my PIN asked me to reset my password because it's expired. Now I can't change it back to my old PIN it's asking me to type in a new PIN. I want to know where does my windows 10 home OS keeps the old password and how to turn off the PIN password...