Windows 10: I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update

Discus and support I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It worked well until today. But when I tried to start it, it became a black screen with nothing and the caps lock key flashed continuously. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffreyCloutier, Sep 19, 2019.

1. I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update

It worked well until today. But when I tried to start it, it became a black screen with nothing and the caps lock key flashed continuously. I don't know what to do, I have some really important things about that. Please help me, I don't want to install Windows again and lose any data.

:)

JeffreyCloutier, Sep 19, 2019
  2. JWalker Win User

Can Not Install Update 1903 on Laptop

I have two laptops with Windows 10. One is Home and the other is Professional. I manually found the 1903 update on the latter using Windows Update and Security and installed it yesterday. I tried the Home laptop and I cannot manually detect it. Its last feature update is 1803. Any suggestions other than wait? Thanks.

JWalker, Sep 19, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Sep 19, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update

1. I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update - Similar Threads - updated laptop recent

2. Recent Windows update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update crashed my laptop: I have just tried to download the latest Windows update to my Samsung galaxy go laptop, and now I can't get passed the recovery screen. The error code is 0xc000000f pressing the Windows key like it is telling me to do is not working. Nor is shift f8....
  3. Recent Windows update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows update crashed my laptop: I have just tried to download the latest Windows update to my Samsung galaxy go laptop, and now I can't get passed the recovery screen. The error code is 0xc000000f pressing the Windows key like it is telling me to do is not working. Nor is shift f8....
  4. Update from 1903 to most recent version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to most recent version: 5 days ago, I made a post on here since I got a notification saying that my version of Windows was nearing end of service and that I needed to update it. I paused updates for a week (which resumes on Monday) since I didn't know what to do. I decided that I was going to update...
  5. Recent update turned my laptop into a potato

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update turned my laptop into a potato: I am no stranger to Microsoft's quick ascension into scrutiny of their updates, but the most recent one literally has me so flabbergasted. Not only has the entire thing tanked and runs like a potato, but I had to do this on my phone's browser because my auth code expired due...
  6. recent windows 1903 update

recent windows 1903 update: A recent update (1903) of Windows 10 caused the security essentials to not load. What's wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-1903-update/e58eb9b8-3982-477e-97dd-0d2cbc3980a1
  7. Unable to My Dell laptop after the recent feature update 1903

Unable to My Dell laptop after the recent feature update 1903: I've got some issue with the battery charging after the latest update 1903. While starting the machine for the first time after the update, it has gone to BIOS setup and showed me a warning like I've been using a 35W charger instead of a 45W one though I'm using the same 45W...
  8. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...
  9. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  10. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...