Windows 10: I updated my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my...

Discus and support I updated my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I changed my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my laptop. Every time I want to login it says pc is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HAM_520, Jul 22, 2018.

1. HAM_520 Win User

I updated my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my...

Hi,

I changed my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my laptop.

Every time I want to login it says pc is offline. I can just login in offline mode. I tried 'verify' option in setting but it says there is no network to connect to internet.

My laptop is connected to wifi and web browser and other apps work fine and just my Microsoft account cannot go online.

:)

HAM_520, Jul 22, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 22, 2018
  3. How do you opt out of the W8.1 password login?

I just set up a laptop for a friend by DLing ALL the W8 updates, and then installing the 8.1 free update, but it makes you choose a password login. In searching I've found a way to turn that off by unchecking the password option in the user account settings, and it now bypasses it on restart and initial bootup, but it doesn't completely remove this annoying feature. Any time the clock/screensaver kicks in, it still asks for a password.

Does anyone know how to completely bypass the password login option for W8.1?

Frag Maniac, Jul 22, 2018
  4. I updated my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my...

MS online account logins VERSUS W10 computer login passwords

I am configuring a new computer. I would like to use a shorter, 7 char computer login password, but it seems that MS in W10 requires the same password for the MS online accounts, like this community and other centralized capabilities, as the login password
    for my computer. The MS online accounts must be at least 8 characters.

Why can't I establish a completely different password for my computer and the online accounts ?

Please let me know if there is a way around this apparent rule.

If it really is a rule that the computer password must match the MS online account passwords, then

I would suggest this is a counterproductive restriction in a world where password management is already burdensome.

NealScribner, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

I updated my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my...

1. I updated my ms account password and since then I cannot login with my new password into my... - Similar Threads - updated account password

2. I don't login a ms account and I forget my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't login a ms account and I forget my password: I don't have a DVD rom and I do not login my Microsoft account,how can I use my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-login-a-ms-account-and-i-forget-my-password/ddea2c26-27d4-46d4-a516-1683c584bf46
  3. I don't login a ms account and I forget my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't login a ms account and I forget my password: I don't have a DVD rom and I do not login my Microsoft account,how can I use my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-login-a-ms-account-and-i-forget-my-password/ddea2c26-27d4-46d4-a516-1683c584bf46
  4. I don't login a ms account and I forget my password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cannot login to my laptop with my new password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot login to my laptop with my new password: I need my old password to login to my laptop since my laptop cannot connect to the internet and I have changed my password so it still thinks the account is the old password. However, I don't know my old password so I cannot login....
  6. I forgot my login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my login password: Nuvision 2n1. How do I reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-login-password/7c84cf73-3e7f-4142-8a8c-9cb7025a5630"
  7. I can't login with my password

I can't login with my password: I cannot login to my laptop because of caps lock I cannot enter my password completely I a have my password in capital letter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-with-my-password/d84f1e34-5d05-4000-8f7f-42b1f721506c
  8. I forgot my old password and cannot login

in Windows 10 Customization
    I forgot my old password and cannot login: Can I get access to my old password in some way? I had a critical error and decided I have to start my laptop in the Safe Mode with network. However when I entered the password, the machine told me that I was offline and I have to enter the old password that I used to login...
  9. i cannot login to my windows account with password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cannot login to my windows account with password: i am trying to enable safe mode on windows 10. every time i go thru settings for trouble shooting to enable safe mode it asks me for my password. i enter it and it says it is wrong. i know that is the correct password because i can log into the account on my phone or other...
  10. is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password

is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password: Hi, My surface pro 3, which is running win 10, is unlocked. I am using it to make this query. But, I need to know my password for this machine to hook it into my pc. I never lock it, so I haven't needed to use my Surface log-in password. Is it the same as my MS Account...