Windows 10: I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

Discus and support I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used the Microsoft Update Assistant to update my computer. Now that it has completed the update, when I try to log in, it asks for a user name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bryce Magallanes, May 24, 2023.

1. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

I used the Microsoft Update Assistant to update my computer. Now that it has completed the update, when I try to log in, it asks for a user name and password. It also displays “Other User” as the profile name. How do I find my user name and is the password the same one I originally use?

:)

Bryce Magallanes, May 24, 2023

2. updates is asking me for a Username and password?

When I try and use the c7 updates it asks me for a Username and password, but I am not sure what user name and password I should enter. I don't even remember having a password or username. can anyone help?

moonshot---01, May 24, 2023
  3. Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, May 24, 2023
  4. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.

Hello.

I'm trying to access my uni reading list. Every time I try and view it online, a pop up is asking for my username and password. Ive tried every username and password I nothing. I keep getting unauthorized access.

How do I sort this out please?

Shez Robinson, May 24, 2023
Thema:

I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

1. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked... - Similar Threads - updated asking username

2. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...: I used the Microsoft Update Assistant to update my computer. Now that it has completed the update, when I try to log in, it asks for a user name and password. It also displays “Other User” as the profile name. How do I find my user name and is the password the same one I...
  3. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...: I used the Microsoft Update Assistant to update my computer. Now that it has completed the update, when I try to log in, it asks for a user name and password. It also displays “Other User” as the profile name. How do I find my user name and is the password the same one I...
  4. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  5. ALWAYS asks for username and password

ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  6. My computer asking username and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  7. My computer asking username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  8. My computer asking username and password

9. Printer Ask for Username and Password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Ask for Username and Password: Why am I getting this window prompting me with password that I never set up and would like to remove it to be able to access my printer settings over the network? [ATTACH] [Original Title: windows security]...
  10. Now asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...