Windows 10: I updated Photos today (Aug 12, 2019) and now the slideshow is not working.

Discus and support I updated Photos today (Aug 12, 2019) and now the slideshow is not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is the updated version of PHOTOS (with create) not allowing slideshows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Snabo, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Snabo Win User

I updated Photos today (Aug 12, 2019) and now the slideshow is not working.

Why is the updated version of PHOTOS (with create) not allowing slideshows?

:)

Snabo, Aug 13, 2019

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How to view photos in a Slideshow in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and press F5.

• You will be able to see the photos in slideshow.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2019
  4. I updated Photos today (Aug 12, 2019) and now the slideshow is not working.

Photos slideshow

Hi Deepika

First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. Much appreciated.

The folder containing the photos is located on an external hard drive. I right click on one of the photos and am given a list of options from which to choose. I choose your app, Photos, and start a slideshow.
    However it plays just 30 items and then goes back to the first one and starts over. As you suggested, I created a new folder (in my C drive), copied some photos in there and then tried to play a slideshow using Photos. The same thing happened again, just 30
    items are played.

I have also copied all my collection into Photos and played a slideshow directly from there. This works well and plays without repeating. However, as the options available in Photos are very limited, I would
    like to continue to play a slideshow using the items stored in the external hard drive. This worked perfectly with previous Windows (XP, 7, 8) but not with 10. Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    Regards

Michael

Michael_903, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

I updated Photos today (Aug 12, 2019) and now the slideshow is not working.

1. I updated Photos today (Aug 12, 2019) and now the slideshow is not working. - Similar Threads - updated Photos today

2. Aug 12 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Aug 12 Updates: Allowed computer to install update Aug 12 2022 updates. MSN news feed appeared. Yeah. Can't turn it off, minimize it, delete it, disable it. Oh... Getting into settings or task manager....forget about it....cpo is dead in water... No browser or other programs. Thoughts?...
  3. Aug 12 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aug 12 Updates: Allowed computer to install update Aug 12 2022 updates. MSN news feed appeared. Yeah. Can't turn it off, minimize it, delete it, disable it. Oh... Getting into settings or task manager....forget about it....cpo is dead in water... No browser or other programs. Thoughts?...
  4. Aug 12 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Meet Today's Update Now

Meet Today's Update Now: Interestingly enough, where it was suggested I should have seen the Meet Now icon in the Sys Tray, already... it has appeared since today's Optional Update. Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  6. Photo slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo slideshow: I'm trying to make a slideshow and I've already renamed all the photos. I've numbered them 001 - 118. But it's putting them in order by date. The only sort options are "newest" or "oldest". How do I get them in alphabetic or numeric order without having to put them back in...
  7. Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.: Did a Windows 10 update today 12/1/2019 and now I can't open any Office XP WORD documents. Word opens but when I try and open a doc it closes down. I created a new doc and saved it, tried to open and same thing....
  8. Aug 25, 2019 Japanese IME Keyboard Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aug 25, 2019 Japanese IME Keyboard Not working: Hi, Microsoft must have taken an update to IME. IME settings for keyboard are not working properly for hiragana and katakana. For exa For example, てちかくに comes out instead of watashi.わたし. This has been going on since Aug 25, 2019. I tried to uninstall IME and reinstall....
  9. Win 10 last update Aug 2019

Win 10 last update Aug 2019: Hi, after the last update my device wont start anymore. Windows 10 is stucked on the login screen. I insert my pin code but instead of load the desktop the login screen appear again. Any help?...
  10. Aug 9, 2019 Update bugs

Aug 9, 2019 Update bugs: I downloaded and installed the "critical" Windows update on August 9. Backblaze would not start until the 18th. Dropbox still will not start. Outlook says "Outlook data file cannot be accessed." So, I have no new email since the update except with my outlook account....