Windows 10: I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

Discus and support I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ahmed Hosam1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything

:)

Ahmed Hosam1, Apr 24, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

It happened yesterday

You didn't see a failure in Safe Mode, which might suggest you don't have a hardware problem. But that of course cannot be definitive.

The report is as accurate as it can be. If X happens and kills processing, there's no way you'll get a report generated because all information has been lost by event X.

Imagine you suddenly pull out the power plug and there's nothing to keep power on your mother board.

I've not used Driver Verifier myself..

More possible and different tools:
    Free Stress Test Tool HeavyLoad | JAM Software
    Huge List of Computer Stress Test Software [Used by Engineers in the Rugged Computing Industry]

dalchina, Apr 24, 2024
  3. APLH Win User
    Cursor "cross" is transparent

Hi RR and thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Here's an update from my end:

This only happens on my laptop screen when it is plugged into a second monitor.

• If Excel is on the second monitor, then the cursor cross is white.
    • If the laptop isn't plugged into the second monitor then the cursor cross is white.
    I think the same happens on all Office applications - certainly PowerPoint as well.

From this ^^above, I doubt it is an Excel setting. Not really sure where to start looking for a fix. The issue is that it impedes the use of the application as you keep losing where the damn cursor is.

4. deeneecy Win User

I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

1. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is... - Similar Threads - updated yesterday today

2. 2 BSOD errors, one yesterday and a hard crash happened today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 BSOD errors, one yesterday and a hard crash happened today: Here is the kernel eventLog Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 14/07/2024 14:44:47 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: Night Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  3. 2 BSOD errors, one yesterday and a hard crash happened today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 BSOD errors, one yesterday and a hard crash happened today: Here is the kernel eventLog Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 14/07/2024 14:44:47 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: Night Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  4. 2 BSOD errors, one yesterday and a hard crash happened today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today: I have the minidump files zipped how do you want me to send them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-happened-yesterday-and-today/8686d2f7-7735-4ec4-902b-9b71794f5dcd
  7. This appeared when I tried to start my PC yesterday, and it happened again today. Does...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This appeared when I tried to start my PC yesterday, and it happened again today. Does...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImSoVeryDumb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez3job/this_appeared_when_i_tried_to_start_my_pc/
  8. Yesterday I could share files, today I cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yesterday I could share files, today I cannot: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not **Modified title from: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-could-share-files-today-i-cannot/6911551b-f6d2-485a-aa61-fba74835f98f"
  9. YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-could-sharte-files-today-i-can-not/6911551b-f6d2-485a-aa61-fba74835f98f"
  10. Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today: So yesterday I get notification from my Windows 10 64 bit Home, that the Creators update was getting ready for me . It gave me some selections to choose, which I did. Then it asks if I wanted to schedule a time, which I did - 8:00 am this morning. This morning came and...