Windows 10: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate.

Discus and support I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In order to use Xbox Game Pass for PC I needed to update to latest version. I followed the steps and now it tells me a I need to activate. I just got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mgood21, Jul 16, 2019.

1. mgood21 Win User

I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate.

In order to use Xbox Game Pass for PC I needed to update to latest version. I followed the steps and now it tells me a I need to activate.

I just got off the phone with microsoft, and there wasn't much help. Pretty much told to buy another key.

I purchased a computer 4 or 5 years ago with windows 7 on it, I upgraded to windows 10, I changed to a new computer and successfully had the key transferred across using microsoft support. Was using windows 10 perfectly on the new computer for 12 months until I update. And now it doesn't work.

What are my options? I was told if I can't produce the keycode that was printed on a 5 year old computer I will have to purchase a new copy of windows. All because the I updated?

What can I do?

I can't reply to any of your messages Vijay_Verma and lacrumb. Are you able to direct message me?

:)

mgood21, Jul 16, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate. capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate. - Similar Threads - updated latest version

2. I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated: I recently changed almost my whole computer hardware. It now tells me that windows isn't activated I've tried troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-hardware-on-my-pc-now-it-tells-me/9a53938e-fc18-4d88-a3b7-580e6ac52af6
  3. I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated: I recently changed almost my whole computer hardware. It now tells me that windows isn't activated I've tried troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-hardware-on-my-pc-now-it-tells-me/9a53938e-fc18-4d88-a3b7-580e6ac52af6
  4. I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  6. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  7. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows telling me I have an acount problem after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows telling me I have an acount problem after the latest update: I have the latest update installed Build - 18363.476 and it is still forcing me to attempt to fix my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-telling-me-i-have-an-acount-problem-after/cbf6e3b0-1362-4f56-972a-b7179bfe9b3f
  9. Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows: Since upgrading I am being told to activate my windows, I purchased a USB stick from a professional PC store called Centrecom loaded with Windows 10, have never had an issue. How can I resolve this?...
  10. Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.: I've had this problem for a few months now and have chosen to just ignore it, but I figured I've had enough of it. At the bottom right of my screen, it says "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" And when I DO go to settings, I get this message. [ATTACH]...