Windows 10: I updated to Windows 1809 and my sartup program isn't working

Discus and support I updated to Windows 1809 and my sartup program isn't working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has worked in the past and I have redundant approaches I've placed a shortcut in shell:start to point to the app I've placed a link in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobFrankston, Jan 18, 2019.

1. I updated to Windows 1809 and my sartup program isn't working

This has worked in the past and I have redundant approaches

• I've placed a shortcut in shell:start to point to the app
    • I've placed a link in the registry RUN entry

Yet the app doesn't run automatically on login. I have it write to a log and events but no sign it is actually starting up. It is listed in the SETUP startup apps list. It's in C# and resides on a secondary drive but since this is user-login it should be safe to do that.

:)

BobFrankston, Jan 18, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 18, 2019
  4. I updated to Windows 1809 and my sartup program isn't working

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

I updated to Windows 1809 and my sartup program isn't working

1. I updated to Windows 1809 and my sartup program isn't working - Similar Threads - updated 1809 sartup

2. The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.: Ever since I was Involved in a data breech, I can't seem to get anything to work, so please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-update-isnt-updating-my-programs-and-are-not/8bf62a7b-f3ff-4219-aa56-104be22bbd59
  3. The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.: Ever since I was Involved in a data breech, I can't seem to get anything to work, so please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-update-isnt-updating-my-programs-and-are-not/8bf62a7b-f3ff-4219-aa56-104be22bbd59
  4. Update Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Isn't Working: I have a new Windows 10 computer. A few days ago it noted I needed an update. I did the "update and restart" option. It looked like it was starting--then the screen went blank. I briefly saw the Dell logo--then it went blank again, and stayed blank. I know some updates take a...
  5. Pc isn't working after i updated my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc isn't working after i updated my windows: So I was in zoom class and my PC randomly restarted and then like 3min later again and than almost instantly again but this time screen doesn't show any thing like PC wouldn't been turned on PC is on but nothing happens so I turned it of and unplugged it and spammed turn on...
  6. My Windows isn't Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows isn't Working: Whenever I click the “Type here to search bar”, anything I click doesn’t pop up. If I click the window icon, nothing pops up. If I right click the speakers icon in the bottom right corner, and click sound settings, it will pop up as if loading then shut. Basically, if I...
  7. Windows update isn't working

Windows update isn't working: windows update won't work: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4486153 -Error 0x80092004 2019-12 Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4023057 -Error 0x80070002 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 -Error...
  8. Updated to Feature update 1809 and Now some of my programs are not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Feature update 1809 and Now some of my programs are not working correctly: I run some software in Compatibility Mode for an older Windows and it worked fine until I did the feature update 1809 and now I'm having issues with it executing properly on startup and the simulator itself is not operating correctly it's an older Racing Simulator but it...
  9. My Keyboard isn't working after update the windows version 1809.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Keyboard isn't working after update the windows version 1809.: Hello All. What should i do My Keyboard isn't working after update the windows version 1809. I try to update drivers and all looks ok. need help please. Thank you in Advance. Have a good day....
  10. My Windows 10 1803 isn't updating to 1809 verssion

My Windows 10 1803 isn't updating to 1809 verssion: I have tried to update my OS using Windows 10 update assistant. But, After half an hour the installation stuck and tell that windows 10 installation failed. Please anyone help me....