Windows 10: I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

Discus and support I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm working off a laptop and have never had any of these issues until a few days ago when Windows announced it was automatically updating Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarenSmith, Aug 6, 2019.

1. I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

I'm working off a laptop and have never had any of these issues until a few days ago when Windows announced it was automatically updating Windows 10 and upgrading. Fine. I let the laptop do its thing. But now:

1.) When I type, there's a pause every few seconds and the words slow drastically on the screen until I stop, let it catch up, and then I can go on. I'm an author. This is a major issue.

2.) The mouse, whether you are touching it or not, suddenly goes wandering off in any direction it feels like. I have to stop, wait for it to finishing doing whatever and then it'll listen to me again.

3.) Videos are pausing every few seconds too.

What is going on and how can I fix this?

:)

MarenSmith, Aug 6, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 6, 2019
  4. I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

Windows 10 Suddenly Starts to Lag

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the suggested steps on this article
    on how to improve the performance of your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

1. I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything. - Similar Threads - updated few days

2. KB5034765 had been installed in system a few days ago, why does now Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034765 had been installed in system a few days ago, why does now Windows Update...: Download and install the Windows Update standalone installer windows11.0-kb5034765-x64_0b9338c4ace818aa52dbef7f674250aeb341f0f1.msu, it says: Security Update for Windows KB5034765 is already installed on this computer. Windows Update shown: 2024-02 Cumulative Update for...
  3. KB5034765 had been installed in system a few days ago, why does now Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034765 had been installed in system a few days ago, why does now Windows Update...: Download and install the Windows Update standalone installer windows11.0-kb5034765-x64_0b9338c4ace818aa52dbef7f674250aeb341f0f1.msu, it says: Security Update for Windows KB5034765 is already installed on this computer. Windows Update shown: 2024-02 Cumulative Update for...
  4. I installed windows update preview few days ago. Now i am afraid that i could not be able...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I installed windows update preview few days ago. Now i am afraid that i could not be able...: I installed windows update preview few days ago. Now i am afraid that i could not be able to get the stable version because i downloaded and installed preview.* Original title: Pls help me...
  5. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  6. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  7. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago: Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't exclusive to discord either, if I go to the recording and playback window and click on listen to this device it just outputs...
  8. Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now: If anyone has any help, it'd be greatly appreciated. After installing the new Windows 10 a few days ago, our computer takes FOREVER to upload anything, especially pictures and many times it just stops working. Complete disaster. I see others have had the same trouble,...
  9. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.: My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-a-few-days-ago-and-ever-since/0d1d6b6d-227b-4903-a216-251330b371f3
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...