Windows 10: I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop

Discus and support I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need the sound on my laptop. It's gone following updating windows 10, as recommended by a message sent to me by microsoft. I did the question and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimDamiani, Oct 25, 2020.

1. I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop

I need the sound on my laptop. It's gone following updating windows 10, as recommended by a message sent to me by microsoft. I did the question and answer support page. Still no sound. I'm a very senior senior. I need the sound and I need help to get it back.

:)

JimDamiani, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 25, 2020
  4. I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop

NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mediaq/a...d00_audio_2d00_troubleshooting_2d00_tips.aspx

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop

1. I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop - Similar Threads - updated sound Dell

2. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  3. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  4. I have no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no sound on my laptop: It was working and then it stopped. I went into settings and everything was showing that it was working.So I restarted my computer and nothing.In settings I went into the troubleshoot and it came back fine. but no sound yet. Then I accepted for a diagnostic check then it...
  5. I have no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no sound on my laptop: It was working and then it stopped. I went into settings and everything was showing that it was working.So I restarted my computer and nothing.In settings I went into the troubleshoot and it came back fine. but no sound yet. Then I accepted for a diagnostic check then it...
  6. My computer updated Windows 10 today and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer updated Windows 10 today and now I have no sound: My computer updated Windows 10 today and now I have no sound. I hope this is not a scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-updated-windows-10-today-and-now-i/60c9cca7-bbf5-4a6b-88cb-f7ac00c8ea6a
  7. I uninstalled sound max and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I uninstalled sound max and now I have no sound: If I reset my pc with my files would I get sound max reinstalled since it said it would go back to factory default because it sound max comes with the pc I am asking because when I uninstalled sound max I could not hear any noise or sound from the pc when watching something....
  8. i have no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have no sound on my laptop: i have no sound on my laptop only when i connect bluetooth headphones. ive tried removing the headphones but still no sound from laptop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-laptop/3f0587c9-22b0-434d-a5ce-89e8322d3197
  9. I have no sound on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no sound on my laptop.: I have no sound on my laptop. Settings shows 100% and any video I try to hear shows 100%??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-laptop/613c82a2-b36e-447f-aecb-581aa1e84e53
  10. windows updated and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updated and now I have no sound: Yesterday, Windows installed updates KB4528759, KB4517389 & KB4515871 on my laptop and now I have no sound. Any help much appreciated. 149338