Windows 10: I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore

Discus and support I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Deepfacelab for work which requires I am able to have certain things run on my GPU instead of my CPU. Previously I was able to do this by turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveMartin9989089, Feb 10, 2021.

1. I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore

I use Deepfacelab for work which requires I am able to have certain things run on my GPU instead of my CPU. Previously I was able to do this by turning on "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" however I recently updated my windows and after I did so that setting is gone. Now, Deepfacelab only runs on my CPU which is unacceptably slower.

Under graphics settings it shows me this below but Deepfacelab isn't a microsoft app or a desktop app. It just has stuff that runs in the command console. How can I make it so that it can use the GPU again like it did before I update? Or if that is no longer an option, how can I revert to the older version of windows I was using before so that I can turn back on hardware accelerated GPU scheduling?

I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore 03b7c892-93ec-4450-9c52-9daf02c3e759?upload=true.png

:)

SteveMartin9989089, Feb 10, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 10, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore

1. I Updated Windows and Now I Can't Change GPU Settings Anymore - Similar Threads - Updated Can't Change

2. I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.: I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a gmail address. Now I was forced to "merge" my java and Microsoft account, but now I apparently have to buy Minecraft again. It doesn't show up in my previous purchases that I bought Minecraft since I bought it on my gmail account. What...
  3. I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.: I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a gmail address. Now I was forced to "merge" my java and Microsoft account, but now I apparently have to buy Minecraft again. It doesn't show up in my previous purchases that I bought Minecraft since I bought it on my gmail account. What...
  4. I can't update windows anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't update windows anymore: I can't update Windows anymore and am not sure why. I get this error message everytime. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-update-windows-anymore/a1d97312-c018-4c00-9870-a5fb73d87cdb
  5. I can't update windows anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't update windows anymore: I can't update Windows anymore and am not sure why. I get this error message everytime. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-update-windows-anymore/a1d97312-c018-4c00-9870-a5fb73d87cdb
  6. I can't log in anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log in anymore: So I recently accidentally removed my finger ID from my laptop and I just so happen to forget my password so now I can't login anymore! I've looked and tried everything, I don't have a one of those recover disc's or those cables I can plugin to recover my password and no I'm...
  7. I can't update Windows 10 anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't update Windows 10 anymore: I have this problem now for a very long time and now since you have to use a newer Windows 10 version to play Battlefield 2042 I wanted to try again if I can update my Windows 10. Unfortunately I still get an error message when I click on "Search for Updates". This is the...
  8. I can't update anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't update anymore: Windows update keep installing an 1 year old outdated display driver on my laptop , this update cause freezes , and stability issues on my machine and I can't do anything to stop it . Is there any way skip this update? submitted by /u/0newarrior [link] [comments]...
  9. HELP! I accidentally set scaling to 500% and now i can't change anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! I accidentally set scaling to 500% and now i can't change anything.: Any help appreciated. submitted by /u/T1m0nst3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khhioa/help_i_accidentally_set_scaling_to_500_and_now_i/
  10. I changed the reg and now as admin I cannot change the time /timezone anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed the reg and now as admin I cannot change the time /timezone anymore: Hello, everyone this is a pathethic help request. I bought my daughter a laptop 2 Christmas ago and used the parental control on it. As she was older 15, she started to change the local time to prevent the computer to close down at night. My response was to go to the...