Windows 10: I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the...

Discus and support I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey. I used to have the random photographs for my lock screen. The ones where in the corner you could hit "LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?" to get more info about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Makeda Phillips, Mar 19, 2023.

1. I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the...

Hey. I used to have the random photographs for my lock screen. The ones where in the corner you could hit "LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?" to get more info about the location and photographer. I restarted and updated my PC today, March 18th 2023, and now it's gone. I tried the whole going to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assetsbut the folder was empty. I really liked the surprise of a new picture and learning about random parts of the world, so I would really like this feature back. Any pointers?

:)

Makeda Phillips, Mar 19, 2023
  2. TheGame Win User

After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens

Hello, Thanks for your reply i have completed the steps above but my issue still persists. On all other windows 10 machines all i needed to do to change the sign-in background was to select the setting "Show windows background picture on sign-in screen" and the picture i select persists though a reboot. On my laptop i select a picture to be used, i reboot and the picture changes *to a different one* but not the one i selected. I hope everything is making since.

TheGame, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Lock screen slideshow pictures showing mirror format on Windows 10.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you choose the new slideshow folder, are you seeing any difference in lock screen images?

I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and then check the issue with Lock screen images.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen pictures, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Edwin Win User

I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the...

Lock screen picture

Your Lock Screen settings are probably set to "Windows Spotlight" which are images that are randomly selected and rendered by the OS.

Info:
    Lock Screen Background - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Edwin, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the...

1. I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the... - Similar Threads - updated lock screen

2. Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture: I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.The lock screen keeps on showing the same picture every time that I boot up. All of my friends' computers display a new picture every time that they boot up.Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen -> change to Picture or Slideshow and...
  3. Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture: I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.The lock screen keeps on showing the same picture every time that I boot up. All of my friends' computers display a new picture every time that they boot up.Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen -> change to Picture or Slideshow and...
  4. I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated Windows and the lock screen that used to show different pictures from around the...: Hey. I used to have the random photographs for my lock screen. The ones where in the corner you could hit "LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?" to get more info about the location and photographer. I restarted and updated my PC today, March 18th 2023, and now it's gone. I tried the whole...
  5. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  6. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  7. Pictures from around the world

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures from around the world: I wasn't sure what sub-topic to put this under. Until this weekend, when I started my computer or it went to sleep, I would see a picture from somewhere around the world. Mouse click at the top, it would ask if I liked it or not. Mouse click in the middle, it would tell me...
  8. Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time: I have a folder of images I would like to use for my lock screen. I would like Windows to show a different image from the folder each time, but I would like it to stay on that one image, rather than triggering a slideshow. In the lock screen personalisation settings, I have...
  9. I Want The Sign-in Lock Screen To Show A Different Picture Each Day

I Want The Sign-in Lock Screen To Show A Different Picture Each Day: When I first installed WinX it showed a different picture each day in the "pre sign in" lock screen, either for a second or two or until I clicked the sign-in spot. Since I am the administrator I don't have to use a password to sign in, and WinX seems to sometimes, but not...
  10. Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer

Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer: Hi, this is a weird bug that I've noticed which is a little different and I prefer to have my Lock Screen picture as the picture when the computer boots up. (Note: I am the only administrator, and there's only this account on my computer) Every time I boot the computer,...