Windows 10: I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone...

Discus and support I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well I guess this is an important lesson as to why you should always back up your important work... however, I updated windows yesterday and when I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarrisonGardner, Feb 15, 2019.

1. I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone...

Well I guess this is an important lesson as to why you should always back up your important work... however, I updated windows yesterday and when I got home this evening to do some work the solid state drive that I stored my engineering work on is just completely gone and I have no idea what happened. Below is what I see in my file tree, the F:\ drive is the one of interest.

I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone... 30e00b72-3478-426d-91b4-0ebb094dca81?upload=true.png

I cannot open it and when I do a disk scan in cmd prompt it doesn't even recognize its there but it shows up in the device manager shown below (PNY CS900 480GB SSD). This computer is literally a 5 day old custom build I just completed and up until today the drive worked just fine. So either I got a bad hard drive that just coincidentally died when I did the update or the update some how corrupted my disk, granted I had one thing saved on there it was literally the most important file on the computer. Any help to fix and recover my files or ideas as to what happened happened would be awesome.

I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone... ddfb2ebf-738e-4cba-b9b7-c7209850db91?upload=true.png

Any useful help would be great. Thanks.

:)

HarrisonGardner, Feb 15, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Feb 15, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone...

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone...

1. I updated windows and when I turn on my computer one of my disk is now gone... - Similar Threads - updated turn computer

2. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...: Did anyone encounter it?Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forced-to-turn-off-my-laptop-when-i-update-a/f9363da5-ba7f-4203-a4dd-d354d26839f6
  3. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...: Did anyone encounter it?Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forced-to-turn-off-my-laptop-when-i-update-a/f9363da5-ba7f-4203-a4dd-d354d26839f6
  4. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i installed window using wintohdd and failed, now my old window and disk are gone. Disk 0...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i installed window using wintohdd and failed, now my old window and disk are gone. Disk 0...: I still cant install because of the error "No device driver were found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-window-using-wintohdd-and-failed-now/adad8b2e-6470-424a-bcf1-5f8e29b8922f
  6. i installed window using wintohdd and failed, now my old window and disk are gone. Disk 0...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i installed window using wintohdd and failed, now my old window and disk are gone. Disk 0...: I still cant install because of the error "No device driver were found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-window-using-wintohdd-and-failed-now/adad8b2e-6470-424a-bcf1-5f8e29b8922f
  7. i installed window using wintohdd and failed, now my old window and disk are gone. Disk 0...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I just updated my computer and my bluetooth is gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I just updated my computer and my bluetooth is gone?: For context I was listening to my bluetooth headphones before the update and now after the update my bluetooth does not come up I can't turn it on and it isn't in my action centre neither in my device manager it just disappeared, so if anyone could explain what has happened...
  9. I updated my computer and the Battery is gone....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated my computer and the Battery is gone....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlyingDisaster_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs5irl/i_updated_my_computer_and_the_battery_is_gone/
  10. When i updated my computer my windows store was completly gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When i updated my computer my windows store was completly gone: Hello anyone that might be able to help me. I have been using xbox game pass for pc for about a month now and have only had some small problems in the past. Xbox(beta) for pc uses the windows store to install games and yesterday my windows store refused to install anything,...