Windows 10: I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app.

Discus and support I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app. They are listed but the address seems to have changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bunkerbill, Jul 8, 2021.

1. I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app.

I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app. They are listed but the address seems to have changed.

:)

Bunkerbill, Jul 8, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Jul 8, 2021
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app.

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app.

1. I updated Windows today and now I can not launch any apps including the Microsoft Play app. - Similar Threads - updated today launch

2. Microsoft store apps not launching any of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps not launching any of them: So, I tried to launch Halo yesterday, an app that I got on the Microsoft store. It didn't respond for 10 minutes and then gave me a windows error pop up saying "Can't open app, look in the store for more info" the store tells me nothing but the product description. Today I...
  3. i cannot sign in on any apps that include Microsoft xbox app or microsoft store other than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot sign in on any apps that include Microsoft xbox app or microsoft store other than...: it tells me i cannot find the file on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-in-on-any-apps-that-include/e7e16e24-44be-4b07-9c33-1042cbd91301
  4. i cannot sign in on any apps that include Microsoft xbox app or microsoft store other than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot sign in on any apps that include Microsoft xbox app or microsoft store other than...: it tells me i cannot find the file on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-in-on-any-apps-that-include/e7e16e24-44be-4b07-9c33-1042cbd91301
  5. I can not install any apps via the Microsoft Store App

I can not install any apps via the Microsoft Store App: A stated above I can not install any apps via the Microsoft Store App. Any time I attempt to install with the Store App it freezes. I have reset the Store App multiple times but this does not work. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?...
  6. I can not find any of the apps

I can not find any of the apps: I go into the Microsoft store to pick an app and I am told that I already have ALL 3 of the apps that I chose. If I do, in fact, have said apps why are they NOT on my laptop?? Can somebody help me??????...
  7. I can not open any microsoft app.

I can not open any microsoft app.: I can not open any app on windows 10.I always shows error " This app can't open". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-any-microsoft-app/67f7273c-7ae1-4f78-ad2e-4745353abb34
  8. Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge: For some reason none of the default apps in Windows 10 (e.g. Calculator, Camera or Edge) launch. Mail and Calendar do. I have tried extensive checking of permissions on folders as per the Microsoft help articles but none of this works. I have tried the Windows app Store...
  9. Microsoft native app updates today

Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...
  10. 'Microsoft Wi-Fi' app now included with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    'Microsoft Wi-Fi' app now included with Windows 10: [img] Earlier today, Microsoft pushed out a new build of Windows 10, build 10158, and with this release comes a 'new' app called Microsoft Wi-Fi. This app, which was called Network beta in previous releases, makes it easy to connect to Wi-Fi locations around the world...