Windows 10: I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black

Discus and support I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i mean off, not displaying black, but the screen was just turned off. The rest of the PC was still on tho and my capslock seemed to be frozen on. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmountOk3836, Jan 15, 2021.

1. I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black

i mean off, not displaying black, but the screen was just turned off. The rest of the PC was still on tho and my capslock seemed to be frozen on. I tried connecting to external display with hdmi, but that was also wasnt being recognised. Is this a problem with 20h2? BTW dont wrry I managed to roll back successfully to 1909 without loosing data.

submitted by /u/AmountOk3836
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AmountOk3836, Jan 15, 2021

2. Black Screen During Driver Update I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Jan 15, 2021
  3. 290 Bios Update Black Screen

Hey all.

I did bios update on my card with atiflash. Everything runs perfectly while updating and it's said to complete update you have to restart system. So I did that. But after restart my screen goes black and keep saying signal lost. So I can't do anything. Does anyone have an idea to fix this?

I was save my old bios before the update but I cannot access my pc screen so. I can't re-install my old bios.

My card is Sapphire R9 290 Trix.

Thanks.

finalKenpachi, Jan 15, 2021
  4. I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black :)

Thermopylae_480, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black

1. I updates to 20h2 using the update tool, but after the update finished my screen was black - Similar Threads - updates 20h2 using

2. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after update: My pc recently updated windows and now on startup after login, I get a black screen. I still have a cursor and can even open task manager, but the desktop doesn’t load, so I can’t access any of the apps on my computer. I had this problem previously, probably about 2 months...
  3. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after update: My pc recently updated windows and now on startup after login, I get a black screen. I still have a cursor and can even open task manager, but the desktop doesn’t load, so I can’t access any of the apps on my computer. I had this problem previously, probably about 2 months...
  4. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  5. Black screen after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after 20H2 update: Hello, I’ve tried updating my computer to 20H2 update about 20 times already, every time the update finishes I get a black screen with no cursor, task manager doesn’t work, nothing works, and I have to restart my computer every time to “Undoing changes made to your computer”....
  6. Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart: hi guys, so my computer is on windows 10 1909, and windows has been prompting me to restart my computer for ages in order to update. problem is, every time i click on "update and restart", it goes smoothly till the part where windows tells you that it is going to restart...
  7. Black screen after Windows 10 2004/20H2 update

Black screen after Windows 10 2004/20H2 update: Hello, I've tried updating Windows a couple of times now. I've tried updating via Windows Update, Windows Upgrade Assistant, Windows Media Creation Tool and a bootable USB created using Rufus and it's included download tool. When I first login after upgrading I get the...
  8. Black screen after update

Black screen after update: Well, basically i formated my laptop and removed everything and i installed windows 10, everything was going fine, 2 days later an update started downloading and after it was finished i restarted my laptop for the update to take effect, so after i login to my account its...
  9. Black Screen during install of 20H2 update

Black Screen during install of 20H2 update: It asked me to restart so the install can start. Everything was going well until it hit 26% when it restarted. Nothing alarming as I know this happens a lot during an update. The problem is that it is now stuck at a black screen. I tried to wait and went to sleep. 5 hours and...
  10. Black screen after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after updating: When I try to log into windows, I get a black screen. This randomly fixes, but I noticed it happens after updating windows submitted by /u/Not_derpy_i_swear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc3jg6/black_screen_after_updating/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank screen after 20h2 update