Windows 10: I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

Discus and support I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the title says, I upgraded my hardware, and now my WIndows 10 home licence doesn't validate. I also upgraded my motherboard, but I don't think this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Novocastrian, Nov 17, 2018.

1. I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

As the title says, I upgraded my hardware, and now my WIndows 10 home licence doesn't validate. I also upgraded my motherboard, but I don't think this is a valid point.

During the installation process (downloaded from the installation media page and ran from an external USB stick to partition the new SSD), it asked me for my product key. I entered this key, it validated and contnued the installation. I noticed that it didn't activate when the "activate windows" watermark appeared on my desktop. I opened settings > searched for activation, selected "Change product key" and entered the product key, which responded with "Unable to activate windows. We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. If you think you do have a valid licence or key, select Troubleshoot below (0x803fa067)" and prompts me to purchase a licence from the windows store.

I ran the troubleshooter, which came up with no fix. The product key definitely works, as I pulled it from the HD before I wiped it. My Windows account at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?deviceId=global[REDACTED] proves that the licence is valid.

What do I need to do to activate my key?

:)

Novocastrian, Nov 17, 2018
  2. jarek_565 Win User

Windows 10 Education N, product key doesn`t work

hello

I download windows 10 Education N (polish) and I successfully installed it but the product key doesn`t work (0xc004f050)

what should I do with it?

jarek_565, Nov 17, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 17, 2018
  4. I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

1. I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work - Similar Threads - upgraded SSD Home

2. My Windows product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows product key doesn't work: I had to factory reset my computer due to technical issues and now when I try to enter the product key to activate Windows it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-product-key-doesnt-work/4a3273cb-2212-481a-b9bd-7e09db46f86b
  3. My Windows product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows product key doesn't work: I had to factory reset my computer due to technical issues and now when I try to enter the product key to activate Windows it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-product-key-doesnt-work/4a3273cb-2212-481a-b9bd-7e09db46f86b
  4. My Windows product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  6. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  7. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Home Product Key Doesn't work

Windows 10 Home Product Key Doesn't work: i just bought bought a new windows home product key, i put the code in the windows activation and i find out it doesn't work? with this error message: The product key you have entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc0020036). I...
  9. Reset of Windows 10 Home - and product key now will not work

Reset of Windows 10 Home - and product key now will not work: Good Morning. yesterday I was unable to get any kind of wifi or internet connection via my laptop, so I did a reset of Windows 10 Home, as no options were highlighting for us, in the wifi section. Now , I have the product key , (taken from the registry) but the product...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key but my computer needs a Windows 10 Pro License. Is there any way to upgrade my product key from Home to Pro? I would be willing to pay extra to upgrade but I don't want to pay for two licenses....