Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

Discus and support I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop without an OS, I was running unactivated home but decided to buy pro, after inserting the key I ended up in enterprise which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FedericoGómez2, Jul 24, 2020.

1. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

I bought a laptop without an OS, I was running unactivated home but decided to buy pro, after inserting the key I ended up in enterprise which is activated, when I use the default key to go back to pro, and put the key back in, I end up with enterprise again, what can I do?

:)

FedericoGómez2, Jul 24, 2020

2. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

I bought a laptop without an OS, I was running unactivated home but decided to buy pro, after inserting the key I ended up in enterprise which is activated, when I use the default key to go back to pro, and put the key back in, I end up with enterprise
    again, what can I do?

FedericoGómez2, Jul 27, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

Hellon FedericoGómez2,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor.

I understand that after upgrading your copy of Windows 10 Home to Pro, you ended up with an Enterprise edition.

Kindly try downgrading your copy of Windows 10 using the default product key for Windows 10 Pro.

Open Settings > Update & security > Activation > select 'Change product key' and enter the Windows 10 Pro generic key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T.

The to activate, try running Windows 10 activation troubleshooter:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/20527

You can also review this article:
    https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-downgrade-wind...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

If you still ends up with an Enterprise edition, I recommend you contact Microsoft and have your product key verified if it's really for Windows 10 Pro.

To contact Microsoft technical team for assistance at:
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/4051701

Kind regards.

[Suejin], Jul 27, 2020
  4. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

1. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise - Similar Threads - upgraded home pro

2. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?: I have a windows 10 enterprise key on my computer. However, it is about to expire. If I buy a windows pro 10 key, will I lose computer files? And if I buy the pro key, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11?...
  3. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?: I have a windows 10 enterprise key on my computer. However, it is about to expire. If I buy a windows pro 10 key, will I lose computer files? And if I buy the pro key, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11?...
  4. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  6. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  7. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  8. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...: I bought a key and proceeded to upgrade but I just ended up with enterprise, what do I do? I can't seem to find any support anything submitted by /u/thatfakeyeezyhustle [link] [comments]...
  9. Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise: Has anyone run into this problem or know how to get my Windows 10 Enterprise setting back to Window 10 Pro? Or should I simple use Windows 10 Enterprise as is? My concern is did Windows 10 Enterprise get installed or did Window 10 Pro install and the wrong information is...
  10. upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...: What a mess. I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to pro ($99 USD), installed that. Now my system is showing as Windows 10 enterprise and is not activated. I have the a product key sticker on the box and I entered that but windows comes back with "the product key didn't...