Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro, but system says I am now running Windows...

Discus and support I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro, but system says I am now running Windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is this a trial thing or do I really have Enterprise? I am OK with it if I do have it, but I only really wanted Pro so I could run Hyper-V Manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RedDogRising, Oct 10, 2019.

1. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro, but system says I am now running Windows...

Is this a trial thing or do I really have Enterprise?

I am OK with it if I do have it, but I only really wanted Pro so I could run Hyper-V Manager.

I am looking under Control Panel - System.

:)

RedDogRising, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro, but system says I am now running Windows...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro, but system says I am now running Windows...

1. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro, but system says I am now running Windows... - Similar Threads - upgraded home Pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Recently I have just installed the windows for my MacBook Pro and have selected windows 10 home instead. I have yet to activate the windows 10 home and now I wish to upgrade it o Windows 10 Pro.I have googled online and saw that I can just key in the Windows 10 Pro product...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Long time ago I have both Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Ulitimate, both CD version.Then back that time I have tried to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium -> Windows 10 Home,then did a clean install Windows 7 Ulitimate,then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro,so the same computer has...
  4. Bought Upgrade for Windows 10 Pro from Home from Store. Windows now says to Activate, but...

Bought Upgrade for Windows 10 Pro from Home from Store. Windows now says to Activate, but...: Hi,I bought Windows 10 Pro from the official Microsoft Store on the 8th July 2021. This morning I have turned my PC on and I am getting an 'Activate Windows' message. Upon pressing 'Troubleshoot' I get the message:'We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure that you're...
  5. How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro system

How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro system: How upgrade from Home system to Pro system. I have the key but I don't know the procedure, please help me. 164304
  6. upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: Kindly be informed that we purchased product key for Windows 10 Pro 64 in order to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro, but when we try to change the product key always we got the following error: “ the product key you entered did not work. Check the...
  7. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Will Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro retain the installed applications? Or will this require reinstalling all applications (software)?...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home. I paid $99 to buy Windows 10 Pro on the microsoft website. Where can I find my digital key? I can find the order number, but no digital key? Thank you, Joseph...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I am using a Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, now I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free? Need help...