Windows 10: I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated

Discus and support I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my motherboard, it was a z170 motherboard, and I wanted a more modern one. But now after putting the new one In I have the issue of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RubyRoobs, Apr 6, 2019.

1. RubyRoobs Win User

I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated

I upgraded my motherboard, it was a z170 motherboard, and I wanted a more modern one. But now after putting the new one In I have the issue of windows needed to be activated. I really don't know what to do about it.

:)

RubyRoobs, Apr 6, 2019

2. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Kolby65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Apr 6, 2019
  4. red454 Win User

Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated - Similar Threads - upgraded hardware needs

2. hardware update. windows activation needed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware update. windows activation needed?: so this is a bit of a tricky situation. i have a close to 11 year old computer that i believe started at windows 8 that i know was legit now upgraded to windows 10. recently the motherboard and cpu gave up and i replaced them with with some i bought second hand. the thing is,...
  3. I Changed my hardware now I need to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Changed my hardware now I need to activate windows: I go through the stepsActivation > Troubleshoot > I changed my hardware recently > just a moment > Unable to activate windowsWe can't reactivate windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your microsoft account again....
  4. I Changed my hardware now I need to activate windows

I Changed my hardware now I need to activate windows: I go through the stepsActivation > Troubleshoot > I changed my hardware recently > just a moment > Unable to activate windowsWe can't reactivate windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your microsoft account again....
  5. I Changed my hardware now I need to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  7. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  8. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

9. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated: I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support....
  10. Activation and hardware upgrade

Activation and hardware upgrade: I have Windows 10 Pro activated on my desktop SSD. I now plan to upgrade the motherboard, CPU and RAM but keep the same SSD and peripherals. Will my 10 Pro remain activated after the upgrade automatically or is there some process I should carry out before the upgrade? 35659